Global Resources

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Global Resources in April 2014.

Interview Details – These are some very sharp folks and if they see you have potential they will pursue your aggressively. The interview by phone lasted about an hour and was very comfortable give and take. They had a sharp "pre-interview" assessment document that laid out all the information about them, the company, the training, pay scale and travel issues regarding the potential job. They were upfront about what they expected as goes travel, training provide your own laptop etc. Almost went for it...but!

Interview Question – If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I went online and typed their name with the word "review" and the word "scam". Employees to customers are very, very unhappy with these folks. From slow to short pay to high pressure and little quality delivery. And I kept googling and googling look for a positive...I declined the job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – see above. It was a good practice run but a poor discovery in the end.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Global Resources in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview more acquainting you with the challenges of the position and the high dropout rate. Requires you to buy your own laptop, printer and ticket to Chicago. Airline ticket is reimbursed at end of week of training.

Interview Question – Can you stand to be on the road as much as the position requires and can you stand to go 3 months with minimum pay while your straight commission pay builds and cover the cash-flow for travel expenses.   Answer Question

Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Global Resources in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online via careerbuilder or monster. Was contacted via email to set up phone call with former business analyst/ current recruiter. Prior to phone interview received paperwork detailing job duties and pay schedule. Spoke with interviewer for 45 minutes or so. Was told to think of the job and to let the him know if I wanted it or not. Sent email confirming that I would take the job.

Interview Question – Sales experience/ willingness to work on commission only. Willingness to travel 100%.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Global Resources

Interview Details – HR representative contacted me very quickly after my online application. There were 2 phone interviews that were very thorough asking about how my background matched their needs. The follow-up emails were timely and friendly. Arrangements for travel to training were handled seamlessly. My questions were responded to very quickly. The HR representative made a point of meeting me at the training.

Interview Question – How will you and your family be able to manage 100% travel (Sunday out, Friday back)?   View Answer

Semior Business Analyst Interview

Semior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Global Resources in May 2013.

Interview Details – Straight forward process. No nonsense to the point questions that make sense. Prepare yourself to be who you are.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job and why do you think you can do it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple as it is a 100% performance base position.

Accounting Professional Interview

Accounting Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Global Resources in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met with 3 different people and they all seemed to be very nice and professional. A few of the interviews were casual conversations and one of them was more what I expected of the interview, with specific questions targeted at gauging my experience and skills. I was later provided an application, which included a very comprehensive questionnaire to rate both my industry and technical experience and knowledge.

Interview Question – Detailed questions around excel and my proficiency   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Global Resources in June 2012.

Interview Details – A very lengthy series of tests including taking financial numbers and creating an excel spreadsheet P/L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement from scratch. Income Carrot of $150k. The first telephone interview left me uneasy with the interviewer not seeming to have his act together and had to call me back in an hour. I was sent their independent contractor agreement which consisted of an increasing scale based on billable hours completed. Seemed good. Yellow flag was if you showed up at a customers site and the customer refused or declined the services that you would only be paid $45 per day and could be stuck in the city (not your home town). (I'm thinking labor laws require employees to be paid at $7.25 x 8 hours is $58, even though you aren't in your home town so are you still on the clock?) Red flag was that the contractor could front upto $4000 and have to wait up to six weeks for reimbursement. So I was skeptical when the actual telephone interview came. It has been my experience that a few employers paint a rainbow and sunshine picture and then if you actually read the contract or agreement it is more like quicksand and no rope. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about sink or swim, but I'm less warm and fuzzy when I've got $4k out in expenses.

The interviewer informed me that he just had dental surgery and had taken some pain meds and wanted to get the interview over in less than two hours so I should kick back and have a beer. (Yellow Flag). I had completed my financial statements well and began the interview going into detail about what belongs on what financial statement. The interviewer spoke about the 100% travel (as advertised) and the types of opportunities that would be afoot.

At the end the interviewer asked if I had questions, and I asked if there was any front line selling - response "no", then asked how many deals 'fall-out' or don't engage for the full time he said about 20% are a no-go and the billable hours were up to me as the contractor.
I asked about their c+ rating at the BBB (yellow flag) and the response was very PC (politically correct) indicating that some business owners who are chanllenged with their balance sheets and business performance sometimes change their mind. Seemed reasonable, but wasn't confirmed when I did a deeper search on the web.

Interview Questions

• How will you execute?   View Answer
  • Why did you move to another state to take another job? That was a big undertaking wasn't it? What happened at the current company to make you want to be willing to move cross country?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too many red flags, bad BBB rating, bad employee/contractor ratings, numerous 'scam' web complaints

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Global Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Resources interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Global Resources employees and interview candidates.