GlobalGiving

Updated Dec 9, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at GlobalGiving

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GlobalGiving in July 2014.

I initially applied to work on the Program team and targeted my cover letter to this position. I had a phone interview for this position and received an email two days later, which stated that I did not have the availability they wanted for this position. Immediately after this email I received another email, this time from the marketing manager. My interviewer had passed my application along and suggested me for this other position. I had a single phone interview and was offered the position the next day. (I learned later that any intern who was in the area had been called in for an in person interview.)

The staff are incredibly friendly and grateful to their interns. This was apparent in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No surprising questions, but make sure you look over the core values and social media content before your interview.   Answer Question
    This was an unpaid internship. There were two internships available (operations and customer support) that were paid, however as they were grant funded I don't believe there was room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlobalGiving.

Quick interview request from the department you applied for. Basic straightforward questions. You can tell the passion these people have for their work. You need to show enthusiasm in your responses, even if you're pointing out a weakness. They love knowing people are willing to take risks and learn from their mistakes.

Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlobalGiving in December 2013.

Found them through my universities career site, got initial interview, had in-person interview in the GG office, heard back within a week

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult customer service situation?   View Answer
    I was sent an offer letter and I accepted

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlobalGiving.

Phone interview with questions about past experiences and why I wanted to work with GG

Interview Questions
    • Asked to summarize GG's mission. Tip: Go through GG's website and get a good understanding of the organization.   Answer Question

Another offer

Partner Services Team Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GlobalGiving in January 2013.

- Really rapid answer - got job offer 2 days after interview
    - Asked me about my knowledge about GlobalGiving, why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in working within nonprofits, about my passion.
    - Asked me about my experience, what I contributed in my previous work experiences.

Interview Questions
    As it was an unpaid internship there was no negotiation phase.