GlobalSpec

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tarrytown, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlobalSpec.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face to face at corporate HQ

Interview Question – Do not recall, there was some role play on selling their service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – here is the offer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
East Greenbush, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GlobalSpec in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was their 2nd choice after the 1st choice didn't make it through initial training

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

New Market Development Account Representative Interview

New Market Development Account Representative
Troy, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlobalSpec.

Interview Details – Was found via a recruiter. Interviews were long but not overly-scripted. They got right to the point of many things which was appreciated. There were many steps, including a phone mock sales call (phone was the right way to do it since this business was 95% over-the-phone sales for most of the sales reps).

Interview Question – Was re: job history. Many in sales (which of course I found out after) move every 2 years or so, so they wanted to know why they should hire under those circumstances?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer Interview

Programmer
East Greenbush, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GlobalSpec.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1:1 followed by offer letter......the whole process is quite straightforward....there was a phone interview....then there was a half-day interview with several groups/individual people.....interview is quite simple....need to know basic OOP & DBMS concepts, and you should be fine.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions on OOP concepts, DBMS concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes....just ask for more based on local rates.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlobalSpec in July 2009.

Interview Details – Kind of a 'junior' in that the process started with a recruiter, manager, director, and a role play. Rather easy but the people interviewing were quite illiterate when answering my questions. Doesn't seem that many people know what GlobalSpec does or at least have a difficult time explaining it.

No worries though. If you know the industry you will do fine

Negotiation Details – Simple. They offer and you decline. They will offer again

Very Difficult Interview

Troy, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlobalSpec in March 2008.

Interview Details – Lame considering the management is less than stellar

Interview Question – How many hours do you think a successful sales pro should work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very little negotiating room

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GlobalSpec in August 2011.

Interview Details – prepare with normal due diligence and you should do fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation

Worked for GlobalSpec? Contribute to the Community!