Globant LLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Globant LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiting - we had a initial call and then i was sent a coding test - quite challenging. Quite quickly we scheduled a tech call with one of their architects and it went well so I was extended an offer. Got the chance to know other Tech Director as well before coming on board.

Interview Question – The test itself was challenging. Tech interview was based in this exercise and some other questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Globant LLC in March 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter. She asked basis interview questions. Then talked to two other delivery director and project manager. The process took 7 weeks. The made a lot of promised during the interview process on which they never delivered after i got hired.

Interview Question – Agile project management. PMBOK questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they basically gave me an offer, take it or leave it!

C# Architect Interview

C# Architect

Interviewed at Globant LLC

Interview Details – They used a codility test. Asked to code an algorithm.

Interview Question – Algorithm had to be at worst N Log N time and spatial complexity.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Montevideo (Uruguay)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Globant LLC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Through LinkedIn, I was then called by phone, then two interviews, a general interview, and then a technical interview. Both of then lasted for more than an hour. The general interview didn't leave me a good impression of the company, but the second interview was much better.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my last job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They didn't have anything really interesting to offer, in terms of salary or growth.

.NET Developer/Architect Interview

.NET Developer/Architect
Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Globant LLC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication via telephone, then, three interviews and a technical proof on line, finally personal interview, Initial communication via telephone, then, three interviews and a technical proof on line, finally personal interview, Initial communication via telephone, then, three interviews and a technical proof on line, finally personal interview

Interview Question – They talking a lot of how you are solving issues in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to get commitments from the recruiter, like period for a salary review or something like that

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Globant LLC in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Details – 1 Email, HR interview (1hr) with spanish and english questions, then technical interview, then a call saying you are hired.
The technical interview is the one that is difficult. They would ask you questions about the technology you master, but also on other technologies that you don't, and make you think about the possible answers using your reasons.
Also, logical questions, a lot.

Interview Question – "When two trains approach each other at a crossing, both shall come to a full stop and neither shall start up again until the other has gone. Imagine a Java code with two process/instances of the same program Train.class What's the problem and how do you fix it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Globant LLC in March 2010.

Also, logical questions, a lot.

Interview Question – When two trains approach each other at a crossing, both shall come to a full stop and neither shall start up again until the other has gone. Imagine a Java code with two process/instances of the same program Train.class
What's the problem and how do you fix it.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Senior PHP Developer
Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Globant LLC in February 2010.

Interview Details – After you applied, you get an interview with HHRR guy. Your seniority should be fundamented by your diction, don't expect the HHRR guy to be tech saavy but know he is evaluating if you are confident and self reliance.
During this first interview you are required to establish a smalltalk chatter in english with the recruiter.
If you get a second call, you will have to answer a timed technical survey, sometime there will be questions nonrelated to your profile (for example you will see questions for DBA , but you applied as PHP DEV) dont worry answer what you know and dont loose on them any more time. You might find also some generic IQ questions

If you get okeyd on your the tech survey you are practically in, just one mor interview woth HR guy to close the deal (money, start date, role)

Interview Question – I found always difficult to build up answer when they want you to talk about yourself, what moves you, what get you down, what is the meaning of life and the rest of the philosophical BS.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unless this company has improved . Just keep in mind you will be working with them for no more than a year, year and half.

Java Senior Developer Interview

Java Senior Developer
Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Globant LLC in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview typically consists of an one hour phone call with senior developers that have been appointed as technical interviewers. For developer jobs, they start off with basic programming knowledge questions like OOP concepts, basic problems relating to data structures and algorithm analysis. After basic assesment, they start on language specific questions. For java interviews joshua bloch's effective java is a good source for preparation. Try to be assertive and lead the interviewer from the beginning to your areas of strength.

Interview Question – Updating data in a consistent manner via distributed systems   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make you an initial offer that you should ALWAYS refuse and ask for 10-20% more depending on your interview outcome.

Software Designer
Belgrano, Federal Capital (Argentina)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Globant LLC.

Interview Details – They will be super polite and promise you everything. They will test your knowledge extensively, but give you little feedback. Don't believe the promises.

Interview Question – They will ask you to code something on the spot.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I should have asked for more. I think they would have paid it. They get $50-$100 USD per hour for an Argentine employee. they make money hand over fist. They talk about "company policies" all the time. If you want a future, don't even bother with these guys. You are just a number to them.

Worked for Globant LLC? Contribute to the Community!