Globeop Financial Services

Globeop Financial Services Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

Associate Interview

two phone interviews followed by on site interview

Interview Questions
    • explain in depth what we do and why it is important. why globeop over some of its competitors   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Globeop Financial Services in July 2011.

I first got a email from HR asked when to arrange an phone interview, the same afternoon she called me. I was asked a few simple questions based on my resume. Then she offered me on an on-site interview 5 days later. The on-site interview consists of HR interview (the same person who gave me the call), asked more questions about my personal background. I felt like she just want to know more about me. And next person came in who asked me some basic math and stats questions.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Globeop Financial Services in March 2008.

Interview was a piece of cake. Management knew less than I did about products. First interview consisted of meeting with HR and one line manager. The second interview a week later was with another line manager and a director. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How does a hedge fund make money on a Credit Dafault Swap?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation here. I was offered a number and was given the take it or leave it attitude.

Operations Manager Interview

Straight forward .. capital markets, domain and people management questions were asked. Interviewed by HR, Director and Associate Director ... Questions related to cost-cutting, systems automation and overall understanding of domain knowledge was checked.

Associate Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Globeop Financial Services in November 2014.

I do apply online for job vaccancy and then got call from H.R. who scheduled my interview next day,
    Interview venue is GlobeOp office at Mind Space, Airoli Navi Mumbai.
    There are total 3 rounds and those are as following:
    1st round with H.R Manager,he asked normal question about self introduction, then basic knowledge about accounts & finance, he also explain the job requirements ,etc.
    on same day 2nd round with Team manager ( technical round-panel interview)- this is very important round here they ask lot about Derivatives,its types hows it work,Hedge fund, then they ask me some accounts releted questions. as i was well prepared i answer all the question.so they called me for next round on next day. 3rd round with Director- last and most imporatnt round. Director asked you each and every thing releted to job,my interview with director takes almost 40 minutes in which he grilled me on almost all finance and accounting question he also ask about furture paln and how long i would like to serve this company.

After 3 days i got call from H.R. Manager that i got shortlisted and he will send me offer letter soon.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Depericiation and Amortisation, Calculation of Pay off for option, option premium calculation   View Answer
    No Negotiation required as they are offering, what i actually expect.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Globeop Financial Services.

I applied through a job portal and got a call on the same day for the opening of a senior associate. The HR round involved discussion about why this field, why this specific company and so on. The technical round mostly comprised of questions from SFM- derivatives, forex, Accounting standards and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Why are notes to accounts and policies prepared; what are CDS, and what is a fund of funds?   View Answers (2)

Senior Associate Interview

Had four rounds of interviews.First round was with HR , then two rounds of technical interviews and the last round with the director. The whole process took a day's time. The whole process was surprisingly very quick. Understanding of derivatives is required with special focus on swaps and options.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Globeop Financial Services.

employee referral interview call
    3 rounds viz. HR, technical & managerial
    HR is supportive as regards to make you well aware of the company & job position
    technical round requires in good knowledge of the job position
    not selected for the managerial round
    but a good overall experience
    my bad that i was in a haste to give same day interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Globeop Financial Services in April 2014.

interview process - Aptitude, Hr round and 02 technical round

3 Lacks pa

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Globeop Financial Services in February 2014.

3 rounds where there. 1st HR round
    2 nd techinical : questions related to derivatives, options, futures, one case study , accounting questions
    3rd round: was just consent round