Globus Medical

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014

3.1

Associate Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Globus Medical.

A lot of anatomical background and operating room procedural questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical in February 2014.

Phone then in person. Asks normal interview questions, but know your info on the company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Globus Medical in October 2013.

Hiring process was quick. I interviewed with eight people, some from the team others were random. They conducted the interviews in a small, windowless conference room off the front lobby. Not a good feeling if you are claustrophobic. The interview questions were standard stuff but looking back I understand some of the odd ones now. Everyone there lives to serve the CEO and they try to hire people who fall in line.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty standard stuff although they will ask if you are squeamish. A lot of product development time is spent in the in-house cadaver lab trying out prototypes on human torsos.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was presented as a take it or leave it proposition. I asked for a couple of extra days to allow for vacations plans I had already made and they 'borrowed' the time from the next year. The benefits were never discussed in depth and the onboarding process consisted of endless on-line training for anatomy, compliance and OR protocol. No useful training for systems was ever provided.

Logistics Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Globus Medical.

In a room with 5 managers from differenet departments

Interview Questions
    • who would you rate yourself regarding work ethics   View Answer
    Benefits

Product Development Interview

Interviewed group managers from each of the 5 or 6 groups

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Globus Medical in April 2013.

Interview with 6 different people over the span of about 3.5 hours. Two of the people worked in the same position as I was interviewing for. Also interviewed with the senior level employee as well as a VP of one of the divisions. Went over experiences on resume and also hobbies and interests and why I would fit in that position.

Interview Questions
    • Ask specific design questions of tools they showed me. Asking me to make sketches and describe my ideas to them.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical in March 2013.

Initial communication was quick and well followed up. I was given options for any day in a week. As I was coming out of state, I scheduled it at 10 am. The interview started at the right time. The interviewers were very professional.
    As I was interviewed for a specialized position and was told that I will be replacing an expert, I was very excited about the position.
    Total of 8 people interviewed me. there werent that many technical questions asked. I believe that I answered all questions very efficiently as I have a lot of experience in design field and also materials. I was asked if I had designed any product by my self and I showed various designs that I had done on my personal computer. It ranged from a simple bracket to complicated aircraft landing gears. I dont think any of the interviewers but one who interviewed me at the end knew anything about the specialized field and complexity of the designs that I showed.
    I was not given any information about the benefits in detail or gave me any information about work life balance which were very important me. Did not even spark a discussion about compensation after learning how much I made at the time of the inteview.
    Anyways I thought that the place was not for me after I finished the interview. I sent thank you emails to each and every person who interviewed me and got reply from only one person who was the person who initially contacted me. I thought that was very inconsiderate, uncourtious and unprofessional.
    The most unprofessional action that I experienced was that I never got a reply about the outcome of the interview. That was not I expected for flying from out of state and it seemed like it was a waste of money and time. There werent any replies to my follow up email about the decision of the interview.
    Just a reply to me about the decision would have made me give a great review today.

Interview Questions
    • Showed me a custom designed part and asked me how it works.   View Answer

Research Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audobon Gardens, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical in August 2012.

I applied online and within 2 weeks was contacted by HR for a phone interview with hiring manager. The phone interview was scheduled asap. It went well with the manager informing me that she would like me to come in to interview in person. I'm out of town so she also said that it would be paid by the company. I interviewed with hr, hiring manager, co-workers, department leader(separately). The hr interview was good but I thought it was weird that the benefits and salary were not discussed. The hiring manager was nice and the co-workers were great. I though it went well. The following week I received an email that they would like to do a background check and check references. I was excited but I was really still nervous. Usually, these are checked with a contingent offer. And I noticed a few times that it was requested before an offer and it usually is a bad sign. And of course, after I hunt down the busiest of my professional references and give them my personal information, I get a reject letter. About 4 weeks after the interview, which is too long for a job I'm sure they had no intention of offering me. I'm sure that they just asked for references just to act like I wasn't discriminated against. Ive just been had! The worst part is now I have to go back to my references again for the next job.

Project Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audobon Gardens, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical in September 2011.

Interview conducted in 4 step process by several people within the same group.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical in June 2010.

The hiring process was fairly normal with 3 phone interviews with HR, Product Manager, and Group Manager. Than in-person interview with all involved in the group hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your background and each stop on your resume.   Answer Question