Globus Medical Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

2.8

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process spanned about two months from submission of my resume. A couple weeks after submitting my resume I received an email from HR asking me to answer a few general questions such as why I had applied for the position and what I was looking for. Shortly after I sent in my response I received another email asking to setup a phone interview in a week. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and it was with one of the hiring managers. It consisted of general questions on my background and what I knew of Globus Medical. Maybe 2-3 weeks after that phone interview I received an email from HR saying they would like me to come in for an in person interview and a date was scheduled for about a week after that. The in person interview lasted 4+ hours and I had met with 8-10 different people in that time. It started with the head of HR and then I would meet with a different hiring manager and in some cases two of their employees to discuss what they do. At no point was I informed of how many people I would be meeting with in total or how long I would be there. About a week after that I received another email from HR requesting that I come in for a second in person interview in about a week. This second interview was with just one of the hiring managers that I had met previously in the first interview. It lasted just over an hour. I had also met with a person from her team in addition to the hiring manager. A couple of days later I received a call from that hiring manager stating that they were going to send me a job offer pending a background check. Background check process took about half a week and then I was emailed a job offer. Both in person interviews were heavily reliant on questions that I had for them. Come prepared. They also like to hear about what you know about the company. Research the company as best you can as it will serve you the best in the interview with what you are able to surprise them with what you know about them and their CEO.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us/what do you know about Globus Medical?   Answer Question

Associate Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was around 20 minutes or so. It was a very relaxed phone interview. The Manager was friendly and asked me questions about my resume. I explained my past work experiences and my profession interest in the healthcare industry. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I had no problems communicating with the interviewer.

Embedded Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Bad Vibe. Weird. Very low salary offer. Suggest looking elsewhere. Bad sign #1: The interview started with a 1-hour "C" programming test. A high school kid with minimal "C" programming could pass the test. Bad sign #2: I interviewed with 6 different people in a series of 30 minute sessions. Most of the interviewers seemed beaten down and tired. Bad sign #3: One 30 minute session I was interviewed by two people at the same time. The questions were vague. It was very uncomfortable half hour. Bad sign #4: The last interview with the director of the group shed light on why the team seemed beaten down. He asked questions like: 'How do you get along with other people?' and 'Do you do what your told? Bad sign #5: I was offered the job, but the salary offer was absurdly low. By the third counter offer, the salary was still far below average. Bad sign #6: I keep seeing the same job posted every few months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Globus Medical in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after applying online. No phone screen at all, asked to come in person as first step. Candidates are put in little rooms in the lobby and are not shown the office during this step. I was kept waiting for a very long time, almost 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time.

Interview Questions

• 3 out of 3 members of the HR team could not/would not tell me the turnover ratio which was a huge red flag for me. The hiring manager didn't seem familiar with what a turnover ratio was and this person was tasked with running HR ops overall. The interview, while off putting, was very easy. There were parts of the interview where the hiring manager simply sat and looked at me for uncomfortable amounts of silence without asking questions. I thought at one point I was on a candid camera show!   Answer Question

Associate Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Globus Medical.

Interview

A lot of anatomical background and operating room procedural questions

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Globus Medical (Phila, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone then in person. Asks normal interview questions, but know your info on the company!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. I interviewed with eight people, some from the team others were random. They conducted the interviews in a small, windowless conference room off the front lobby. Not a good feeling if you are claustrophobic. The interview questions were standard stuff but looking back I understand some of the odd ones now. Everyone there lives to serve the CEO and they try to hire people who fall in line.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty standard stuff although they will ask if you are squeamish. A lot of product development time is spent in the in-house cadaver lab trying out prototypes on human torsos.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was presented as a take it or leave it proposition. I asked for a couple of extra days to allow for vacations plans I had already made and they 'borrowed' the time from the next year. The benefits were never discussed in depth and the onboarding process consisted of endless on-line training for anatomy, compliance and OR protocol. No useful training for systems was ever provided.

Logistics Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Globus Medical.

Interview

In a room with 5 managers from differenet departments

Interview Questions

• who would you rate yourself regarding work ethics   1 Answer

Negotiation

Benefits

Product Development Interview

Interview

Interviewed group managers from each of the 5 or 6 groups

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Globus Medical (Audubon, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with 6 different people over the span of about 3.5 hours. Two of the people worked in the same position as I was interviewing for. Also interviewed with the senior level employee as well as a VP of one of the divisions. Went over experiences on resume and also hobbies and interests and why I would fit in that position.

Interview Questions

• Ask specific design questions of tools they showed me. Asking me to make sketches and describe my ideas to them.   Answer Question