Glu

2.9

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Glu in October 2014.

Phone chat with in-house recruiter, phone call with TD, coffee-shop meeting with TD and GM, all-day on-site interview with multiple small groups (mostly two people) and one larger group of higher-ups at the end of the day. My second group took me out to brunch. The other small groups were done in a conference room with a white board and we did various activities that felt a lot like working-together. I think this helped them (and me) get a feel for what it would be like to work together. Interview process also included a full tour of the studio, which was nice. I had lots of chances to ask my own questions and get an idea and feel for the culture (which is awesome, by the way). I was there for over 7 hours but I left feeling energized as opposed to drained. I received a phone call with an offer the next day. The entire process was handled professionally and relatively quickly.

Interview Questions
    • 8 words were written on the white board and I was asked to rank them in order of importance and then explain why/how I ranked them.   View Answer
    Short and sweet...came to a reasonably compromise quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glu in August 2014.

The interview process consisted of 2 phone calls (HR and Technical) and an on-site interview with several members of the team, one at a time.

All of the interviewers were friendly and asked reasonable questions. At no point did I feel any of the interviewers were asking questions to show off.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Glu.

I had one screening phone interview with the HR recruiter to cover the basics, followed by a phone interview with the direct supervisor for the role that covered more of my professional background, knowledge of mobile and f2p games, and then I had a 5 hour in person interview.

The in person interview involved a case study presentation in front of a panel of product managers and producers, followed by several 45 minute to hour long 1 on 1 interviews with people who participated in the panel.

The case study required a lot of preparation prior to the interview itself. You're expected to do a high level tear down of a mobile title and generate several of your own ideas to improve the title.

During the panel presentation, you'll be expected to explain and defend your interpretation of the mobile title's strengths and weaknesses, along with rough estimates for the performance of its different features.

The one on ones are fairly standard for most interviews. I was applying for a live events / live operation role, so most of the questions were focused on different feature events I could come up with for different Glu games, while forcing me to adjust my recommendations based on new information, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No one single question was that difficult, but the whole process requires a good understanding of f2p monetization. The case study will require several hours of preparation. You will be questioned on a lot of your assumptions and assertions, and be expected to defend them.   Answer Question
    I asked for what I believed was reasonable given my level of experience, and I received it.

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Glu in July 2012.

Pretty easy. HR called up and gave me a pre-interview. From there, 2 more interviews with Art Directors that were educational on their creative process and environment.

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Glu in December 2011.

After reviewing my resume I was invited to a formal interview with the department leads and director. They were friendly and professional and tested me on knowledge of my skills and my work history. One week later, without an art test I was given an offer and considering this is a good career opportunity I took it.

Interview Questions
    • What are some games that you despised as far as art direction?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate.

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Glu in November 2010.

3interviews

Interview Questions
    They won't pay well. Will claim they can't afford it.

Server QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Glu in January 2014.

First round written test, Second round technical consisting of question on Java , Testing concepts and third round technical on oops concepts, programming question and final round as managerial