GoDaddy Interview Questions

2.8

Hosting Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GoDaddy in August 2014.

Initial application led to an email from a recruiter with a link to a testing site. This site did a small behavioral assessment and a 4 part customer call assessment. You have to listen to a call and choose responses from a list. The test allows you 30 minutes for 4 calls. About a week and a half later I received an email from a different recruiter who scheduled a phone interview two days later.

The phone interview was about 20 minutes. The recruited explained the position, verified my ability to work any shift, and then asked several typical interview questions: why did I want to work for GoDaddy, what had I been doing recently, was I comfortable with sales. At the end of the interview he scheduled me for a face to face meeting two days later.

The next step was a 3 part process. First I met with the recruiter who took me on a full tour of the facility and explained what the different areas were. Then he sat down with me in a private room and further explained the position and confirmed that I would be willing to work 3rd shift. He asked me details about the internet. Technical questions about DNS, POP vs IMAP, FTP. He also asked questions about how to handle a customer over the phone, how to figure out what a customer wants when the customer doesn't know himself. He wanted to be sure that I was comfortable working with customers that hosted adult websites. He then turned the tables and asked me what I wanted to know about GoDaddy and the position. He explained the benefits and training process and then handed me off to two hosting managers. This portion of the interview was about 30 minutes.

The hosting managers went into more detail with the interview. They took turns asking questions - tell them about a time I owned a situation from start to resolution; when did I have to make a difficult decision that might end with a poor outcome; how do I set goals and accomplish them. During this time they also shared insight into the position and how they ended up with GoDaddy. They also ended with asking if there was anything they could answer for me. They walked me through the department and handed me off to the next hosting manager who was going to do an actual test of my skills. This second portion took about another 30 minutes.

This portion of the interview should have been easy for me, as I have frequently done manual installs, but the pressure of doing it with someone watching, on an unfamiliar system with unfamiliar software was harder than I thought it would be. While they did give written instructions, they were not detailed, so you do have to know what you're doing. I will say that the hosting manager was right there and promised that I wasn't being graded on whether or not I could do it alone, and to feel free to ask questions. Which I did. When I finally got the install done, he had me close out the system. He then walked me through the rest of the building explaining a bit more about teamwork and the position. Then the interview process was over. In all, I was in the building for about 2 hours.

They said they will have call with an answer, yes or no, within a week. Entire process from application to answer will take about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical skill questions were not listed in the job description.   View Answer

Technical Support and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GoDaddy.

2010 I made it all the way to a final interview through what was then a 5 step process which included a lot of tests. The final interview went like this: Supervisor "I see you put down that you want to work at one of our 3 Arizona call centers." Me "Yes, I just moved to Arizona to take care of my elderly father." Supervisor "So you don't want to work in our new Iowa call center?" Me while searching for a Q-tip "No." Supervisor "Seems like you may not be a team player." Me as I walk to the door "Day one is as good as it gets so I will be leaving now." Supervisor "Well, take it easy. I have a job offer for you." Me "Be glad you have all your teeth and have a nice day."

2013 I applied online as a friend told me the culture had changed. I got a call back the next day and the phone interview yielded another face to face interview. This one was easy. Both interviewers (phone and face) stated that my test scores were amazing. There is a small test when you fill out the application that will state something like "Stealing from your boss is great!" Rate 1 for disagree a lot and 5 for agree a lot. I never chose options 2-3 for any of the statements as I have a backbone. The face to face interviewer just kissed my bum and never really asked me anything difficult. All the interviewer stated GoDaddy looks for is someone who can talk properly as the will brainwash err I mean train you in what you really need to know. After all this I though I would start within 30 days. They forgot to call me back. A week later I called HR and the offered me a job 60 days out!!! Sadly I accepted it.

There was none.

Tech Support and Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GoDaddy in April 2012.

The hiring process is pretty simple, there is an online application and test. The response time back to my application was within a couple days and the interview was a few days later. The interview was friendly and laid back. The only negative of the whole process is there is a longer then normal wait time to start training,

Technical Support and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at GoDaddy.

I completed an application online as well as a basic skills test. Received an email asking to set up a phone interview. I completed that and then about two days later, I received another call asking to come in for a formal interview. It went really well. I suggest you read up on the company a little bit before the interview. They will ask questions about what you know. A few days later, I received an email with an offer. I accepted. BACKGROUND CHECK TAKES FOREVER!! Was in limbo for about a month and a half before I got a call with my start date. (This is very common with this company)

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you what a "domain name is" (name of your website) what an "ISP" is (Internet Service Provider), What "hosting is" (renting your space on the internet) things like that. Not too many difficult questions.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiating. Pay is $15 per hour plus commissions plus full paid benefits. Take it or leave it. I took it.

CDT - Customer Development Team Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GoDaddy in February 2014.

I was hired instantly. The interview was easy and not much thought was involved. It was obvious they hire who they want. Unfortunately, the recruiter lied about the position, misrepresented the organization, and completely provided false expectations about the position.

Internet Sales and Service Consultant Interview

The interviewing process was different, but GoDaddy is very different. There's a phone interview, of course. The surprising part for me was the assessment you have to do of simulated calls before you're invited for and interview. The on-site interview went very well, but walking through the center, makes you either very comfortable or uncomfortable... The staff and environment are unique. The hiring/recruitment process took an extremely long time and this is my second time going through their process with both times being long processes. They need more people or more efficient people in recruitment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you face a problem at work and what was your solution.   View Answer
    They pretty reiterate what they offer and that they pay bonuses, not commission

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GoDaddy.

First I successfully passed phone screening. Then they invited me to on-site interview. It was flight from San Jose to Phoenix AZ. I passed interview with 5 people which took whole day. After several days they contacted me and said yet another 5 people want to talk to me! This is unusual, I need to take day off. And then this is psychological pressure every interview. Ok, I agreed to pass this time over the phone. After several days they contacted me and said yet another two people want to talk to me! I said this is very unusual and instead of one hour per person 45 minutes! We assigned time, but I only one person called. Then they disappeared. I asked my recruiter to clarify this ridiculous behavior I got the answer that I am definitely in process, but they have delay. 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Interview itself passed very good. However some people were not as high specialists and asked very simple questions.   Answer Question

Customer Sales and Support Interview

Contacted after applying online through their website. Had an over the phone preemptive interview and was then scheduled for an in person interview. The entire process took less than 1 week and was relatively pain free.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you could not get a customer to follow direction.   Answer Question

Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GoDaddy.

Did phone screen and every question was a behavioral question by some ditzy 20 year old as this was her first job it sounded like. Big waste of time as no questions regarding the position were asked or prior experience that relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time this and that etc.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GoDaddy in March 2014.

After an initial screening, I was asked to complete a small assignment in which I had to review a data set and providing some insights. There were limited specifications to what was expected through the assignment.
    Subsequently invited for interviews on campus with team manager, team members, other managers and several employees. Also completed a small and basic SQL quiz.
    Everyone in the office was very pleasant and polite.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important in selecting people to build a team for a project? Why?   Answer Question

Worked for GoDaddy? Contribute to the Community!