GoDaddy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial interview. We spent about 15 minutes on the phone having a pleasant conversation about my interest in GoDaddy and answering some preliminary questions about how the internet works. I was then invited to take a test online to see how I handled a phone conversation with some clients using a simulation of their software. After passing I was contacted for an on site interview. The on site consisted of a tour of the facility and a pretty standard panel of questions. Overall a good experience with a company looks like it would be fun work environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a customer with a new company looking to create an online presence?   Answer Question

The position was for a 2nd shift which starts mid-day and I could not make it work with family obligations.

Inbound Tech Support and Sales Interview

Interview

After completing an assessment, you'll be contacted by a recruiter to schedule an interview. You'll do a phone interview getting very basic details and then if you pass, you'll get an in-person interview. The interview contains standard questions like 'tell of a time you helped a difficult customer' or 'how were you measured to be successful at your last job'. Once the interview is complete, you'll be contacted on whether you got the job or not. The start date depends on available training classes which may start months from the interview date.

Interview Questions

• If you show excessive technical knowledge, you may be asked intricate technical questions like how to do a manual install of a WordPress.   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at GoDaddy in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application twice because i was denied the first time. Second time around, i got an email confirmation the next day saying i would be a good candidate and they scheduled a phone interview. They made me tell them about myself, did i know what the job was all about. What do i know about the position, why i want to work at godaddy, and my previous job/experience. Then he went over what they pay and the history about the company. Then, he told me i will get an email if they were interested in continuing the hiring process. I heard back two weeks later for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about hosting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told me what I was suitable for and asked if I could do all the four week training

Hosting Support Consultant - Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was asked general technology questions. This was followed by a mock phone support quiz. After that, I met with the company for an in-person interview and test on installing some software.

Interview Questions

• What software do you have experience with or use on a regular basis?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GoDaddy in November 2014.

Interview

Scheduled interview for 1pm, sat in lobby till 2pm. Security guard was nice and amiable, seemed like some mixed communication between HR and interviewers. Upon interview, asked a lot about resume and briefly described their role. After seeing that my expertise was in Javascript, they only asked one technical question which was "What is a Javascript closure"? No further technical questions. Interview went well.

Interview Questions

• What is a Javascript closure?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GoDaddy in October 2014.

Interview

Talked with an engineer at the fall career fair on campus and asked for an interview. Interviewed with a software engineer the next week at an office nearby. Heard back from a recruiter about a month later to set up follow up interviews. Had two more technical interviews with engineers via Skype. Heard back from the recruiter about a week after the last interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• 3 main questions. The first was on front end web dev, manipulating HTML/CSS/JavaScript. The second was a graph search question. The third was implementing a datatype with efficient asymptotic runtime accesses.   Answer Question

Technical Support and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I completed an application online as well as a basic skills test. Received an email asking to set up a phone interview. I completed that and then about two days later, I received another call asking to come in for a formal interview. It went really well. I suggest you read up on the company a little bit before the interview. They will ask questions about what you know. A few days later, I received an email with an offer. I accepted. BACKGROUND CHECK TAKES FOREVER!! Was in limbo for about a month and a half before I got a call with my start date. (This is very common with this company)

Interview Questions

• They will ask you what a "domain name is" (name of your website) what an "ISP" is (Internet Service Provider), What "hosting is" (renting your space on the internet) things like that. Not too many difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. Pay is $15 per hour plus commissions plus full paid benefits. Take it or leave it. I took it.

Technical Support and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

2010 I made it all the way to a final interview through what was then a 5 step process which included a lot of tests. The final interview went like this: Supervisor "I see you put down that you want to work at one of our 3 Arizona call centers." Me "Yes, I just moved to Arizona to take care of my elderly father." Supervisor "So you don't want to work in our new Iowa call center?" Me while searching for a Q-tip "No." Supervisor "Seems like you may not be a team player." Me as I walk to the door "Day one is as good as it gets so I will be leaving now." Supervisor "Well, take it easy. I have a job offer for you." Me "Be glad you have all your teeth and have a nice day." 2013 I applied online as a friend told me the culture had changed. I got a call back the next day and the phone interview yielded another face to face interview. This one was easy. Both interviewers (phone and face) stated that my test scores were amazing. There is a small test when you fill out the application that will state something like "Stealing from your boss is great!" Rate 1 for disagree a lot and 5 for agree a lot. I never chose options 2-3 for any of the statements as I have a backbone. The face to face interviewer just kissed my bum and never really asked me anything difficult. All the interviewer stated GoDaddy looks for is someone who can talk properly as the will brainwash err I mean train you in what you really need to know. After all this I though I would start within 30 days. They forgot to call me back. A week later I called HR and the offered me a job 60 days out!!! Sadly I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How did you do so well on your test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Interview

The interviewing process was different, but GoDaddy is very different. There's a phone interview, of course. The surprising part for me was the assessment you have to do of simulated calls before you're invited for and interview. The on-site interview went very well, but walking through the center, makes you either very comfortable or uncomfortable... The staff and environment are unique. The hiring/recruitment process took an extremely long time and this is my second time going through their process with both times being long processes. They need more people or more efficient people in recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you face a problem at work and what was your solution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pretty reiterate what they offer and that they pay bonuses, not commission

Hosting Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial application led to an email from a recruiter with a link to a testing site. This site did a small behavioral assessment and a 4 part customer call assessment. You have to listen to a call and choose responses from a list. The test allows you 30 minutes for 4 calls. About a week and a half later I received an email from a different recruiter who scheduled a phone interview two days later. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. The recruited explained the position, verified my ability to work any shift, and then asked several typical interview questions: why did I want to work for GoDaddy, what had I been doing recently, was I comfortable with sales. At the end of the interview he scheduled me for a face to face meeting two days later. The next step was a 3 part process. First I met with the recruiter who took me on a full tour of the facility and explained what the different areas were. Then he sat down with me in a private room and further explained the position and confirmed that I would be willing to work 3rd shift. He asked me details about the internet. Technical questions about DNS, POP vs IMAP, FTP. He also asked questions about how to handle a customer over the phone, how to figure out what a customer wants when the customer doesn't know himself. He wanted to be sure that I was comfortable working with customers that hosted adult websites. He then turned the tables and asked me what I wanted to know about GoDaddy and the position. He explained the benefits and training process and then handed me off to two hosting managers. This portion of the interview was about 30 minutes. The hosting managers went into more detail with the interview. They took turns asking questions - tell them about a time I owned a situation from start to resolution; when did I have to make a difficult decision that might end with a poor outcome; how do I set goals and accomplish them. During this time they also shared insight into the position and how they ended up with GoDaddy. They also ended with asking if there was anything they could answer for me. They walked me through the department and handed me off to the next hosting manager who was going to do an actual test of my skills. This second portion took about another 30 minutes. This portion of the interview should have been easy for me, as I have frequently done manual installs, but the pressure of doing it with someone watching, on an unfamiliar system with unfamiliar software was harder than I thought it would be. While they did give written instructions, they were not detailed, so you do have to know what you're doing. I will say that the hosting manager was right there and promised that I wasn't being graded on whether or not I could do it alone, and to feel free to ask questions. Which I did. When I finally got the install done, he had me close out the system. He then walked me through the rest of the building explaining a bit more about teamwork and the position. Then the interview process was over. In all, I was in the building for about 2 hours. They said they will have call with an answer, yes or no, within a week. Entire process from application to answer will take about a month.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical skill questions were not listed in the job description.   1 Answer