GoDaddy

Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.6

Inbound Tech Support and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GoDaddy in January 2015.

I applied and within 10 hours I got an email back to do an online assessment. After I did that I got called within 16 hours and set up an over the phone i nterview. During said interview we set up an in person interview. Before I even did my in person interview they sent me their benefits and worded everything like I was already hired. I took a tour before my final interview and they made me feel like I was already apart of the team. They said they would call by the end of the day to let me know.
    I never got a call. I only got an email saying I wasnt good enough.
    I like godaddy but I dont like the way they act as if you're the chosen one. They gave me the employees benefits just to pretty much say "haha this is what our employees get and you get none of it" including everything they have within the building.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of how you preform outside your roles of an employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at GoDaddy.

I completed an application online as well as a basic skills test. Received an email asking to set up a phone interview. I completed that and then about two days later, I received another call asking to come in for a formal interview. It went really well. I suggest you read up on the company a little bit before the interview. They will ask questions about what you know. A few days later, I received an email with an offer. I accepted. BACKGROUND CHECK TAKES FOREVER!! Was in limbo for about a month and a half before I got a call with my start date. (This is very common with this company)

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you what a "domain name is" (name of your website) what an "ISP" is (Internet Service Provider), What "hosting is" (renting your space on the internet) things like that. Not too many difficult questions.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiating. Pay is $15 per hour plus commissions plus full paid benefits. Take it or leave it. I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GoDaddy.

2010 I made it all the way to a final interview through what was then a 5 step process which included a lot of tests. The final interview went like this: Supervisor "I see you put down that you want to work at one of our 3 Arizona call centers." Me "Yes, I just moved to Arizona to take care of my elderly father." Supervisor "So you don't want to work in our new Iowa call center?" Me while searching for a Q-tip "No." Supervisor "Seems like you may not be a team player." Me as I walk to the door "Day one is as good as it gets so I will be leaving now." Supervisor "Well, take it easy. I have a job offer for you." Me "Be glad you have all your teeth and have a nice day."

2013 I applied online as a friend told me the culture had changed. I got a call back the next day and the phone interview yielded another face to face interview. This one was easy. Both interviewers (phone and face) stated that my test scores were amazing. There is a small test when you fill out the application that will state something like "Stealing from your boss is great!" Rate 1 for disagree a lot and 5 for agree a lot. I never chose options 2-3 for any of the statements as I have a backbone. The face to face interviewer just kissed my bum and never really asked me anything difficult. All the interviewer stated GoDaddy looks for is someone who can talk properly as the will brainwash err I mean train you in what you really need to know. After all this I though I would start within 30 days. They forgot to call me back. A week later I called HR and the offered me a job 60 days out!!! Sadly I accepted it.

There was none.

Billing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy.

Did phone screen and every question was a behavioral question by some ditzy 20 year old as this was her first job it sounded like. Big waste of time as no questions regarding the position were asked or prior experience that relates to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time this and that etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy.

Very Simple (last I heard) - Call, interview, group meeting, no real testing anymore. One on one interview going over basic computer skills and two weeks training. Most agents start working a few weeks after they interview as training. It will help if you have constitutive angle on the skills, as well as good computer and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Godaddy had a test but as I hear , they no longer require it to be hired.   Answer Question
    They offer going rate, the is now real negation for entry level.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GoDaddy in June 2013.

an out of state recruiter contacts you
    you interview on the phone with ridiculous technical skill question
    then there is an in person interview with more ridiculous questions
    and then you wait for 3 more months for an offer
    by then you have another job

Interview Questions
    • What is IPC? What are the various schemes available? The term IPC (Inter-Process Communication) describes various ways by which different process running on some operating system communicate between each other. Various schemes available are as follows: Pipes: One-way communication scheme through which different process can communicate. The problem is that the two processes should have a common ancestor (parent-child relationship). However this problem was fixed with the introduction of named-pipes (FIFO). Message Queues : Message queues can be used between related and unrelated processes running on a machine. Shared Memory: This is the fastest of all IPC schemes. The memory to be shared is mapped into the address space of the processes (that are sharing). The speed achieved is attributed to the fact that there is no kernel involvement. But this scheme needs synchronization. Various forms of synchronisation are mutexes, condition-variables, read-write locks, record-locks, and semaphores.   View Answer

took to long to process candidates. I accepted another offer after 4 months of waiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy in March 2013.

The hiring process is fairly simple you will get to talk to a HR rep first and if you answer the questions professionally and by showing your true personality they will have a 2nd person interview you.

Workforce Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy in March 2012.

After receiving my application, the first thing I had to do was go into the office to complete a reasoning test. The test was both verbal and nonverbal and was timed. I had 10.2 seconds to answer each question. This test was pass/fail, according to the HR representative that was proctoring me. After I passed the test, they set up an interview with the people who run the call center I was interviewing to work in. I went to interview with them, where we just discussed my resume, the position and some simple interview questions. After the interview, I was called with updates, such as "You are one of the finalists, we are just finalizing everything." Eventually, they called and offered me the position. Everyone at GoDaddy seemed to be very nice and responsive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy in October 2011.

Group interview with Thurstone Mental Awareness test (which wasn't that hard, but some people managed to fail), then I was offered, as were a few others, the option to interview the same day instead of coming back a week or so later, so I took them up on that. A few days later, I was getting a few phone calls working out shift times, accepting the offer, taking a drug test, getting my background check completed, and presto... now I'm in!

Technical Support & Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GoDaddy in October 2011.

Hiring process with GoDaddy was actually a very smooth one. Process began with the arranging of a qualifications test at one of their offices here in Arizona. The qualifications test essentially tests your very basic computer abilities. One you have been notified whether you passed the test and will be allowed to move on or not, you are assigned a one-on-one interview with a manager.

The interview itself was also very smooth. The interviewer will ask you various basic technical related questions, with a hint of sales. If you do good on the interview, you are immediately made a job offer. I began actually working for GoDaddy no more than 2 weeks after interview. Overall, pretty smooth hiring process.