GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Technical Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter was prompt to reply 1 day after I applied. She said I seemed like a good fit and wanted to talk further. Phone interview was scheduled for next week. Went well and they had me fly in the next week. Onsite interview was standard with Unix systems and networking questions. The HR director kept mentioning there was no pass or fail score in the test. Since it was a technical management position I was also asked about my management style.
All went well except its been 2 months since and I have not heard anything from them. Very unprofessional to not contact me or even reply to my mails.

Interview Question – What is your management style?
How would you handle a non-performer or low-performer?
  Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in July 2009.

Interview Details – I met with a number of people on the team and managers. We did a pretty in depth technical interview with troubleshooting scenarios.

Interview Question – The hardest question for me was to change subnets from / to 255.255.255 to 11111111.11111111.11111111.11111111 notations in my head.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in July 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Network team 1:1. The culture seemed very professional with a relaxed, startup type feel. The people I talked with were intelligent but also seemed overworked. The interview process was a typical network engineer review with typical questions such as VPN, OSPF, BGP, etc. Overall, seemed like a good group of people.

Interview Question – Describe how to set up and configure an IPSEC VPN and diagram process.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was competitive however benefits were weak.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was applying from another state and they made the interview and hiring process flexible to meet my remote needs.

Interview Question – RAID - describe the different levels of hardware RAID.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then a 4 hour, 6 person inhouse interview. Company seemed intelligent, articulate, and dedicated. Their experience in the field seems to allow them to be much less stressed than other companies. They went with an internal referral.

Interview Question – Surprisingly, all interviewers asked me how I dealt with difficult engineers. curious.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in July 2010.

Interview Details – They contacted me for an interview, we set an appointment to meet, and then never called during our agreed upon time. They should have the basic professionalism to at least send a cancellation email if they filled the position and no longer needed to interview me. I wasted a weekend researching their company.

Interview Question – They never called me.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company recruiter and screened. The hiring manager then interviewed me by phone.

I was then called in for a face-to-face interview. I met the hiring manager first - she asked me to describe the product development lifecycle used in my Company. She lost interest maybe 5 minutes later when she realized that it was a blend of waterfall+agile(and made it very obvious to me).

The remaining interviews were just a farce, and we just went through the motions. At the end, she came back and told me that I wasn't a good fit. Her reasons - I do not have pure agile experience and I have not worked on hosted products. I was puzzled as to why I had been called in, as I was quite upfront about this during the phone interview itself. By then, I had lost all interest in joining this company

She should have done a better job screening me at the phone interview, or stopped the face-to-face during the first meeting itself, instead of wasting my time.

My advice to future candidates: be very careful in getting all the job requirements during the phone screen and specifying (and reiterating) your skills to make sure it is clear to the hiring manager

Interview Question – Questions were typical - not difficult   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting.

Interview Details – Met with team members 1 on 1 including a extended interview with HR. The culture seemed very professional feel. The people I interviewed with seemed know know their stuff, but seemed a bit stressed out/overworked. The interview process was a typical one. I have noticed that the job opening is still being posted over and over again months after my interview. This tells me they are getting a heavy turn over or something else is very wrong over there.

Interview Question – Can't remember any thing that sticks out.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through other source and interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting.

Interview Details – Recruiting process was really bad but mainly due to chaos via recruiting team.
Recruiter via phone was rather bubbly yet daft. She was definitely a bad representative for the company but when I met the rest of the team I can't see why they can't find better local recruiters.
Eng folks seem to carry the we are #2 badge rather proudly...no real compelling story as to why work at GoGrid.

Please revamp your recruiting team with competent people that know how to sell your company. I left uninspired and feeling like they are desperate for good talent but cannot get a compelling story together.

Interview Question – Why are you looking?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process at GoGrid is standard for the industry. Four people interviewed me for the open position and were very positive. Every person I met was very friendly and helpful. The office location was awesome.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions asked.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GoGrid Cloud Hosting

Worked for GoGrid Cloud Hosting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GoGrid Cloud Hosting interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by GoGrid Cloud Hosting employees and interview candidates.