GoGrid Cloud Hosting Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.1

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Recruiter was prompt to reply 1 day after I applied. She said I seemed like a good fit and wanted to talk further. Phone interview was scheduled for next week. Went well and they had me fly in the next week. Onsite interview was standard with Unix systems and networking questions. The HR director kept mentioning there was no pass or fail score in the test. Since it was a technical management position I was also asked about my management style.
    All went well except its been 2 months since and I have not heard anything from them. Very unprofessional to not contact me or even reply to my mails.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      How would you handle a non-performer or low-performer?

Answer Question

Sales Dev Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview started with three rounds of phone calls to assess aptitude with various levels of management and staff. One person in my intended role, supervisor, director of sales. One onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Specifics about cloud computing. For instance, "What is a load balancer?"   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Met with Network team 1:1. The culture seemed very professional with a relaxed, startup type feel. The people I talked with were intelligent but also seemed overworked. The interview process was a typical network engineer review with typical questions such as VPN, OSPF, BGP, etc. Overall, seemed like a good group of people.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to set up and configure an IPSEC VPN and diagram process.   1 Answer

Salary was competitive however benefits were weak.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

They contacted me for an interview, we set an appointment to meet, and then never called during our agreed upon time. They should have the basic professionalism to at least send a cancellation email if they filled the position and no longer needed to interview me. I wasted a weekend researching their company.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, then a 4 hour, 6 person inhouse interview. Company seemed intelligent, articulate, and dedicated. Their experience in the field seems to allow them to be much less stressed than other companies. They went with an internal referral.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly, all interviewers asked me how I dealt with difficult engineers. curious.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the company recruiter and screened. The hiring manager then interviewed me by phone.

I was then called in for a face-to-face interview. I met the hiring manager first - she asked me to describe the product development lifecycle used in my Company. She lost interest maybe 5 minutes later when she realized that it was a blend of waterfall+agile(and made it very obvious to me).

The remaining interviews were just a farce, and we just went through the motions. At the end, she came back and told me that I wasn't a good fit. Her reasons - I do not have pure agile experience and I have not worked on hosted products. I was puzzled as to why I had been called in, as I was quite upfront about this during the phone interview itself. By then, I had lost all interest in joining this company

She should have done a better job screening me at the phone interview, or stopped the face-to-face during the first meeting itself, instead of wasting my time.

My advice to future candidates: be very careful in getting all the job requirements during the phone screen and specifying (and reiterating) your skills to make sure it is clear to the hiring manager

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I was applying from another state and they made the interview and hiring process flexible to meet my remote needs.

Interview Questions

• RAID - describe the different levels of hardware RAID.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoGrid Cloud Hosting (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I met with a number of people on the team and managers. We did a pretty in depth technical interview with troubleshooting scenarios.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question for me was to change subnets from / to 255.255.255 to 11111111.11111111.11111111.11111111 notations in my head.   Answer Question