GoWireless

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cypress, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GoWireless in June 2010.

Interview Details – In 2010. I was hired. I made up a resume and handed in to a location. As for Manager to hand into.. he loved that had Cell phone expreince with AT&T.. two days later got a call and had phone who r u questions about 10 min long. then set up appointment for with Dm and store manager. Got the job right there.
Current time I belive they ask you fill app out on website and wait for call.. I personally suggest doing that giving a few days and and fallowing up. or just dressing up and had in a resume to a hiring manager and win them over in person.... thing will go faster..

Interview Question – Depends on the The DM and manager interviewing you and if have sales back round. but just the standard Questions and Questions about if you can Baln. Being a sales person and customer care and tech support all at same time....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is non. you start at minim wadge and get 25 cent raise every 3 months if u hit crazy target..but Its more Commotion job anyways...

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GoWireless in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring is at the sole discretion of the interviewing manager. Apply online and the assigned manager will call. Interviews can be between 1-3 depending on hiring managers preference

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed. Store managers are hired at $11 and DMs at $40k

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Spokane, WA

I applied in-person and interviewed at GoWireless.

Interview Details – Interview is informal and based on hiring manager skill. Apply online, then wait for callback. Background checks can take weeks so the process can take a month or more in all.

Negotiation Details – None. Store managers are brought in at a flat $11.00 per hour and DM's are brought in at flat $19 per hour. No negotiation allowed

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GoWireless.

Interview Details – Very basic questions

Interview Question – there were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You take what they offer or you don't have a job with them

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GoWireless in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the DM who set up an interview for Store Manager scheduled for the next day. This was my first interview and it was fairly conversational without a lot of difficult questions. This store is desperate for staff and the interviewing manager basically told me that the store has been mismanaged for almost a year and that's why they are interviewing.

Interview Question – Since the interview was conversational, i wouldnt say that there were difficult or unexpected questions.but she did ask me what my action plan was within the next 30 days if Im offered the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was the first interview so I havent received an offer

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GoWireless in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and about 1 week later I was contacted for an interview. It was a standard interview process.

Interview Question – Why GoWireless? Tell us about a time you handled a disgruntle customer. What's your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Hazlet, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GoWireless in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online - I should have done more research, but I figured how bad could it be. Got a call about a week later by the District Manager who was mumbling half the time and I couldn't really understand and wasn't very informative from the start. If you have been in the job market you know what nice formal phone interviews are like. This wasn't one of them. Was invited for an interview so I went. The store was pretty small and the one employee behind the counter was playing - not-so-family-like music from his own music player. You can tell he was quite bored

From beginning to end, the interviewer did not seem prepared, ready, or understand how to interview someone. The back room had no A/C so fans were humming, but it was still very warm. His "realistic" interview basically says that employees are fired a lot for dumb things, you may not be able to sell for an entire day because of lack of customers, tried to trash corporate places, rambled a lot and you're probably by yourself with little to no help. Brilliant way to sell the company to me. - all for 9$ an hour. How do you expect to meet sales goals when no one is coming?

I didn't do a lot of talking. I found it amusing that he was preaching "shut up and listen" when dealing with customers, but he was dominating the conversation for the better part of 45 minutes. I just got the feeling that he was constantly frustrated with his own employees and was venting. Again, brilliant company to work for.

The questions were very basic and if you agree a lot you're basically in. I was offered right on the spot. I wanted to take a day to think about it (and do more research) and he said that he was going to send a job offer -e-mail....never got that. All in consideration I declined. Do your research - especially with this site - employees aren't necessarily wrong about the companies they work for.

Interview Question – Unexpected - How did you get ready for this interview?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There aren't opportunities to sell if there aren't people to sell to. Seeing 5-6 people for an 8 hour work day is demoralizing to here. Again, how do you expect to put up sales numbers with no one around?

Kahului, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GoWireless in February 2013.

Interview Details – Saw ad on craigslist and sent resume. Received call about a week later. Went through one interview with a local store manager, a phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – Sell me your cell phone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered store manager than the district manager was black balled from hiring me because corporate wanted to transfer another manager from california.

Lexington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GoWireless in April 2011.

Interview Details – met with current store manager and district manager in the back of the store in a room that was not private and constantly were getting interupted by sales associates that were coming back to get product for the customers. Interview was very laid back and was more of just a conversation than an interview.

Interview Question – How would I change the store's sales to make them better?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Longview, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GoWireless in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for this position online (9/10/12), they called next day, and set up interview for today (9/18/12). I was 10 minutes early, and had to redue all the paperwork I had already done online. Sat for 30 minutes past the scheduled interview time. Interviewer never showed up.

Interview Question – No questions were asked as Interviewer never showed up. I was told he was running a little late, but after 30 minutes of waiting (total of 40 with me being 10 minutes early) I decided he wasn't really wanting to do his part of interview so I left. Felt that it was very rude and unprofessional on his part, and that 30 minutes is not a LITTLE late.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GoWireless

Worked for GoWireless? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GoWireless interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by GoWireless employees and interview candidates.