Godiva Chocolatier Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview

I walked in the store with my resume, the store manager reviewed it, and got called back to come in for an interview the following day. After my first interview with the store, I got called back to meet with the Area Manager, and then with the District Manager the following day

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Have you heard of Godiva before? 3. Tell me about a time you handled a bad situation with a guest. 4. Are you available to work weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Godiva Chocolatier

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

first i had a long interview with the store manger, talked about almost everything from personal to work history, they have a question for they have to ask, then got a call back few days later to set an interview with the district manager over the phone

Interview Questions

• if you get an upset customer whats the first thing you would do   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

a very basic interview, but I was asked about previous retail experience and what I knew about the company. There was quite a bit of paperwork for a retail job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview

I went in to get a gift and the manager at the time hired me on the spot. I filled out an application just for the company, there was no real interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Mission Viejo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Easy, just be outgoing. They just want someone friendly who will greet customers and chat with them so that the feel at home with buying $200 worth of chocolate. Talk yourself up and what your skills are.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to describe your favorite food so they know you can describe the chocolate to customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Houston, TX).

Interview

There is two different interviews, the first is with the supervisor and the second is with the manager. (I'm waiting on the second interview). There is two parts to the first interview: first a normal interview, mainly questions about you and if you're a friendly person. Then the second part starts: role playing: you go back to the store, take like 2 minutes to walk around it then you have to role play as the salesperson and they're the customer and you have to "sell" them a product. (She had told me that most people get nervous at the roleplaying part, and I did). But she told me that she liked our talking part and that she would put in a good word for me with the second interview.

Interview Questions

• I've only done the first interview and it went pretty well. I was nervous at first, but I started to calm down until I did the roleplaying part, but after the second part I told her I was nervous and she said that she liked the first part, so I think it overshadowed the second part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

It was pretty simple, as I was jut asked basic questions about work ethic and product knowledge. Overall an easy process as the interview went smoothly and I was offered and accepted a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you do with customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation, I asked for $8.75 and was given $9.00.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I filled out and submitted an application in person, and received a call that evening (they were hiring, and I had a friend who worked there who was able to vouch for me). A group interview was scheduled the following Monday. The day of, the manager took us (myself and two other applicants) to a loud area (the Godiva shop was in a mall) to gauge how well we could make ourselves heard. She asked us questions like: "Have you ever been in a situation with a displeased customer that you felt like you were able to smooth over," "How would your coworkers describe what you bring to the team," and "How did you handle a specific stressful situation?" After we answered, she had us look over some of the company policies and one of the catalogues. Then she had us 'sell' her a specific product. I called in the next day for a second interview, this time with the assistant manager. The AM brought us back to the loud area and asked us questions like: "Have you ever been in a situation where the managers changed something, how did you cope with that change, and what would you have done differently," "In what instance do you think you went above and beyond to help a customer," and "What work-related accomplishment are you most proud of?" The AM then also had us try and sell her a product. Both the Manager and the AM were quite specific about being focused on customer service. The people they want to hire need to be constantly cheerful, attentive without being pushy, and able to talk to people easily.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really sure what to expect, so most of the questions were a bit difficult, but looking back on them now they seem pretty average. Probably, "In what instance do you think you went above and beyond to help a customer," just because 'above and beyond' sounds so dramatic and spectacular.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Mission Viejo, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There was an older woman working at the Mission Viejo location. I asked her if she was hiring for the holidays. She told me she was & gave me an application. I filled it out, brought it to her & she said in a very snooty manner, "I'l hire whoever meets my criteria." Naturally, she never called me. First of all, people who spend $6 on a truffle don't know what criteria is. They don't have the mentality. Second, I have sold diamonds and high-end jewelry. How is someone who has sold luxury goods not qualified to sell gourmet chocolate? She missed out on some good add-ons like she misses her 25 year old waist.

Interview Questions

• She did not give me a chance to speak about anything.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in March 2012.

Interview

They take a long time to initially get you working through the door. I recommend face to face interaction with the manager because there are literally hundreds of applications. I can't say for everyone else but the person who hired me didn't exactly throw me any curve balls during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they just don't pay well