Godiva Chocolatier

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview Details – I received a promotion so I didn't have to do an initial interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good store manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. I took what they gave me.

Naples, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in November 2009.

Interview Details – one time interview process, background checks, questions were pretty basic as many other interviews in retail. When you gave exceptional customer service, what was the outcome. How you handled an irrate customer or customer returns. How many employees you have trained and supervised in your previous employment. How have you handled problems that have arised between employees

Interview Question – what you didn't like at your last employment? Don't want to over do it and sound like your whining.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – short because I was happy with what they offered

Emeryville, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in January 2011.

Interview Details – When I interviewed, there were two store manager openings in the district. I met with the District Manager, and then had a phone interview with Human Resources. This was followed by an interview with the Regional Director. I then received the job offer from the District Manager and was informed that she was leaving the company to pursue other opportunities (red flag#1). I was surprised that both interviewers had been with the company for less than 2 years (red flag #2). I was required to submit a drug test for the first time in my 20-year career (red flag #3). The district manager was very open about issues with retaining store managers and high sales pressure from the company (red flag #4). I guess I must have been color blind throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• I have struggled to keep managers in my district. Why would this be any different with you?   View Answer
  • This location has had major issues with employee turnaround. How would you fix this problem.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional...

Negotiation Details – Know your numbers, find out if what you're asking is in their pay range. Learn what to say and how to negotiate. You have to be prepared.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in November 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter was far more interested in talking, then in finding out candidate information. And she was reluctant to discuss the district manager(your direct supervisor). It was a strange experience, and if this is how Godiva normally hires their management staff, I understand why they struggle with inconsistency and high turnover.

Interview Question – This store struggles with underperformance. Do you think you could change that and how?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was below industry standard.
Work/life balance was retail from 20 years ago.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in July 2008.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, background check, 15 reference checks!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview Details – Promoted internally when a store opened up. No interview just had to submit resume as a formality and pass a drug test. This was before the district was restructured.

Negotiation Details – Was asked what dollar amount was acceptable. Made an offer and after the DM checked with the RD they counter offered. I accepted the counter.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer was obviously a recruiter from the company who was not from the same region of the country. She was very cold and left me feeling like there would not be much help or assistance coming from higher-ups in the company if I were to accept a position, and made it seem almost like a telemarketing position with their focus on securing business for "gifting".

Interview Question – What are the weaknesses of your employees and how did you resolve them.   Answer Question

Store Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had a one on one with the DM and a week after that I had a Phone Interview the DM then a month after that I had a Phone Interview with the RM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They asked me what would it ($) for me to join the team. I told them and they told me yes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Godiva Chocolatier

Worked for Godiva Chocolatier? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Godiva Chocolatier Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Godiva Chocolatier employees and interview candidates.