Godiva Chocolatier

Godiva Chocolatier Store Manager Interview Questions

2.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

I received a promotion so I didn't have to do an initial interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you would be a good store manager?   View Answer
I wasn't able to negotiate. I took what they gave me.

Other Interview Reviews for Godiva Chocolatier

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in January 2011.

When I interviewed, there were two store manager openings in the district. I met with the District Manager, and then had a phone interview with Human Resources. This was followed by an interview with the Regional Director. I then received the job offer from the District Manager and was informed that she was leaving the company to pursue other opportunities (red flag#1). I was surprised that both interviewers had been with the company for less than 2 years (red flag #2). I was required to submit a drug test for the first time in my 20-year career (red flag #3). The district manager was very open about issues with retaining store managers and high sales pressure from the company (red flag #4). I guess I must have been color blind throughout this process.

Interview Questions
    • I have struggled to keep managers in my district. Why would this be any different with you?   View Answer
    • This location has had major issues with employee turnaround. How would you fix this problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in April 2010.

Very professional...

Know your numbers, find out if what you're asking is in their pay range. Learn what to say and how to negotiate. You have to be prepared.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in November 2009.

Recruiter was far more interested in talking, then in finding out candidate information. And she was reluctant to discuss the district manager(your direct supervisor). It was a strange experience, and if this is how Godiva normally hires their management staff, I understand why they struggle with inconsistency and high turnover.

Interview Questions
    • This store struggles with underperformance. Do you think you could change that and how?   View Answer

Pay was below industry standard.
    Work/life balance was retail from 20 years ago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in November 2009.

one time interview process, background checks, questions were pretty basic as many other interviews in retail. When you gave exceptional customer service, what was the outcome. How you handled an irrate customer or customer returns. How many employees you have trained and supervised in your previous employment. How have you handled problems that have arised between employees

Interview Questions
    • what you didn't like at your last employment? Don't want to over do it and sound like your whining.   View Answer
    short because I was happy with what they offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in July 2008.

3 interviews, background check, 15 reference checks!!!!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Promoted internally when a store opened up. No interview just had to submit resume as a formality and pass a drug test. This was before the district was restructured.

Was asked what dollar amount was acceptable. Made an offer and after the DM checked with the RD they counter offered. I accepted the counter.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in March 2012.

Interviewer was obviously a recruiter from the company who was not from the same region of the country. She was very cold and left me feeling like there would not be much help or assistance coming from higher-ups in the company if I were to accept a position, and made it seem almost like a telemarketing position with their focus on securing business for "gifting".

Interview Questions
    • What are the weaknesses of your employees and how did you resolve them.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in February 2009.

I had a one on one with the DM and a week after that I had a Phone Interview the DM then a month after that I had a Phone Interview with the RM.

Interview Questions
    They asked me what would it ($) for me to join the team. I told them and they told me yes.