Gogo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gogo.

Interview

The first step was a phone screen with a high-level manager, mostly a technical screen. The next step was in-person interviews, a series of 45-minute interviews with a series of senior engineers and then the manager. The technical interviews were highly technical and deep-diving. I appreciated it as I felt it was aimed at getting an honest assessment of my abilities and seeing if I was a good match for the team.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions about data modeling, database design and implementation, and best practices for software architecture. Also some behavioral/personality questions about skills, past projects, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gogo.

Interview

At any interview there is always apprehension and doubt -- Am I the right candidate, will I say the right thing, and will I fit in the culture. Initial meeting with Jodi Miller - AWESOME. She was pleasant, informative and professional. I felt a high level of comfort as my day started out quite well. With that being said, my interview schedule day was outlined per an email sent out days in advance. I met with Directors and Vice Presidents that I would be working with. The experience was Genuine - All Leaders were True Professionals and had a good and tight grip on the candidate that they are looking for. The questions were direct; thats the way I like it. Being a very passionate and having a high-level of confidence, I immediately felt that this is the opportunity and cause for me to be associated with the GoGo organization -- thinkers way out of the box and welcoming the unknown with focus . The Leadership Team was proud, respectful, and demonstrated that they are looking for a decision maker and a person with a high level of energy. The interview experience was not only rewarding but also very Refreshing.

Thank you ALL and I am anxiously waiting for a return call.

With all due respect:
    Daniel A Romito

Interview Questions

• none -- I answered with respect and honesty -- appreciated the opportunity to share answers and perspective   1 Answer

Project/Program Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gogo in December 2014.

Interview

The initial phone interview process was smooth and the human resources agent as well as the supervisor managing this role were nice people. However, after the first phone interview went well, the next phone interview was delayed because the supervisor could not make it to the call on time.

After rescheduling, the phone interview went well and I was invited to the company to meet people in person. I met 4 different people, including the vice-president, who by the way was not someone I would be working with or reporting to. The vice-president did not have access to my resume or qualifications and no one in the company was reachable to send those papers to her while we were in the meeting. I left the company thinking I did great since I really clicked well with the person who was supposed to be my direct supervisor, but I never heard again from the company.

The whole thing gave me the impression that they are not serious and that they might be conducting interviews with people even though they had someone internal in mind. I have been to many interviews and you can tell when management is serious or if they are doing that task because they have to.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, normal interview questions about myself, experiences and background.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gogo (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Initially it started with interviewing a head, then a second head hunter then a short interview with a manager in company. This initially took 2 weeks to do and then another two weeks to get an in person interview. After the in person interview, it took another 2 weeks to come back with a, "no".

For the interview, the hiring manager was 15 mins late and the director engineer was another 15 minutes late. After that the entire interview process lasted an hour. The main questions were about structural designs and patching.

I really think this company has a fantastic idea, but their leadership, structure, hiring personnel and infrastructure is terrible. After seeing it up close, I was fine with the decision to choose someone else, I was probably going to have to pass on this offer as it was a step back in position and about -25k in pay.

My recommendation, is to pass and find a more mature company with better pay, benefits and more mature management.

Interview Questions

• What would you be best performing at?   1 Answer

Network Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gogo (Itasca, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Job was listed by an human resources recruiter on LinkedIn. I expressed my interests in the position with the recruiter and eventually led to the first phone interview, which went well. Then, I had a second phone interview with the hiring manager. Was then called in for an onsite interview which also went very well. Both the hiring manager and director of the network engineering department were very friendly, easy going guys. They let me know the expectations so I knew exactly what I would potentially be dealing with. At first, I had the typical slight interview jitters, but for some reason when the hiring manager and director walked in... the interview turned pleasant, comfortable and easy going. Everything sounded great and I would be a liar if I said I wasn't anticipating the decision. I knew someone that also interviewed for the same position. He/she actually ended up getting an offer instead of me, but overall satisfied from the experience and I wish him/her the best of luck! I let the recruiter know to keep me in mind for future openings of the same position as I am still interested.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really that difficult if you're in a relevant field of work.   Answer Question

Manager, Compensation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gogo (Itasca, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview. Next I was asked to come into the office for a personal interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager. The recruiter forgot about the interview and left me in the lobby for 30 minutes, but he was very nice. The hiring manager was unsure about what the position would accomplish.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with the new structure recently put into place   1 Answer

Investor Relations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gogo (Itasca, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted just a few days after submitting my resume to get on a call with the recruiter. He then set me up with an interview with another recruiter. The recruiter was a few minutes late calling me, which was fine, but still looked a little unstable. The interview was pretty standard, ran down the aspects of the job and asked how my qualifications met the needs of the position, etc. Since IR is pretty specific, he was only able to answer a few of my questions and was not really able to get too into the daily aspects of the position.

He then asked for a few examples of my work in which he would get in a follow up email. I sent that over to him. The next day he scheduled an interview a few days later with someone in IR. The recruiter sent me an email that they had to cancel the night before and that he would speak with them in the morning about rescheduling it. I sent a few follow up emails and provided all my references and did not hear back for more than a week.

Finally, I called the original recruiter and left 2 messages. He then told me there was availability in the next 2 days and he would get me on the schedule to speak with someone in IR. I heard nothing back so I followed up with another email and call about a week later with another 2 days of no response. About 4 days after that I received a voice mail letting me know they have moved on to another candidate and to call back to get some final follow-up details. I called the recruiter back and left another message 2 days ago and have not heard back.

While the position was desirable to me, I am glad that I do not work for this organization. There is real potential in this industry and Gogo has a great business plan, but the organization is terrible. When recruiting top talent, it should be a must that you at least follow up within a day or two and return calls. I understand things come up and daily activities are prioritized over interviews, but the communication throughout the process could have been much better. The executive team should have taken more ownership of the process and take the time to meet with someone who made it through the first round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Wanted modeling examples and writing examples   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gogo in June 2014.

Interview

A phone screen followed by 5 hours on site interview. Total process took about a week. Received a an offer but ended up declining because i had multiple offers. Interviewers were talented people from totally different background.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about what was needed by the job profile not what I had done.   Answer Question

I had multiple offers.

Tivoli Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gogo (Itasca, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview setup went well and was scheduled promptly. Interviewed with hiring manager and seemed to go well. Interviewed with Architect and was a very unstructured interview and didn't quite get the questions expected.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not really that technical. Was asked details about types of ITM agents installed and I hadn't memorized all I'd worked with (alot) and I stumbled on that. I asked some questions about setup and environment and perhaps that was bad. Was told by recruiting firm that I was getting offer; but it never happen; perhaps it was rate - but didn't appreciate the go around. It's okay to say they weren't going to hire me at this point; but seemed to just drag out.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gogo.

Interview

Interview process took approx. 1.5 weeks. Got a job offer within that timeframe. Two phone interviews - one with Hiring Manager and another with HR. 5 in-person interviews with leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected. All the interviewers wanted responses supported with examples from previous experience. There was more stress on candidate being a fit for the organization than on experience / skills.   Answer Question