Gold Star Mortgage

www.goldstarfinancial.com

Gold Star Mortgage Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage.

I had one brief, easy phone interview with the recruiter. Then came in a few days later for an in-person interview. The interview was with the recruiter, as well as with a manager. They were both extremely easy-going and friendly. The interview itself was very easy, I was anticipating having a second in-person interview, but they offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There were honestly zero difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offered a $25,000 base salary (which the company got rid of after I was there a few weeks), and a commission structure.

Senior Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage in February 2012.

This was fairly informal, mainly talked about the jobs and duties I had in the past. A big question was how familiar I am with Encompass, which is the system they use. Luckily I have used it in the past but I did not get the impression you need to have a mastery of it.

Interview Questions
    • There realy was not one, I was very relaxed through out the interview. Not a stressful experience   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating, their offer was better then anyone elses so I took it. I did get the impression though that if I needed them to be flexible with me they would have addressed my concerns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage in September 2011.

I had three interviews. First was with the EVP's (Rick Richter) assistants, then once I cleared that one I met with Rick one on one. Once I cleared that I briefly met with the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with Rick was the only really challenging one. He asked me some very direct questions focusing around why I had left the companies that I woorked for in the ppast. he was very genuine, polite, and fun, but make no mistake he listened to everything I said. Most difficult question was why should Gold Star hire you and what are you going to bring to the table. The question wasn't hard but he stopped be a couple of times and called me on generic canned answers. He was polite but intense   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating, everyone gets the same offer but what you make of the offer can determine if you make $50k or 200K

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage in March 2011.

I had 3 interviews

I accepted their terms but added that i need my insurance paid for my family. They would not pay for the insurance but upped my base pay to cover the difference

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage in June 2010.

If you know someone that work at gold star financial you will most likely get the job. Three people held the interview and it was focused primarily on sales. They ask you questions like sell me this chair. Also, they are wanting you to sound eager when it comes to compensation questions because the job ultimately is to turn you into a loan officer which is 100% commission.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this chair   View Answer
    • How much do you see yourself making withing the next two years.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage in November 2008.

Easy interview, few sales questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe your sales experience and why you selected sales   Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage.

Good

Loan Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gold Star Mortgage in May 2009.

I honestly just had a pretty relaxed conversation with the National Sales Manager. I could tell he was paying attention to everything but at the same time it seemed fairly informal. That day I honestly felt that he was genuinely interested in my success and what I needed to become succesful. He said he would call me back in a few days, which he did and offered me a position

Interview Questions
    • What has been the thing that held you back the most in your last postion.   Answer Question
    • How did you overcome that, and why did it take so long   Answer Question