Gold's Gym

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Trainer Interview

It was super easy. all they cared about is that you are certified by a legitimate organization. at the gym i was at they reimbursed me the cost of the certification after only 6 months

Other Interview Reviews for Gold's Gym

Personal Trainer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Gold's Gym.

Good facilitation of group interview called back for second interview same day. Current staff was full of energy, welcoming, and professional. My first interview was with a group of 5 other people but ample time was given to each individual to answer all question. interviewers will ask you to give a brief introduction of your self and current experience before starting the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • "what are your plans within tyour first 30days if we offer you the position?"
      " what about the next 30days after that?"

Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gold's Gym.

Questions fitness related and business related. Be yourself, don't be scared.
    Easy interview, Show Motivation and dedication to whatever you do and say...
    Be straight forward, try starting as part time first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gold's Gym in November 2012.

I emailed my resume to the person whole contact info was listed for a new location.
    He emailed me back the same evening asking that I come in for an interview the following week at a specific time and day.

I went to the location for my interview, and it was a recruiting office they had set up. The girls at the front asked if I applied already, I stated I had an interview with him at that time, and he already had my resume. I was told to fill out an application in the waiting area first and wait to be called. Anyone could have just walked in off the street for the same "interview" process.

I was called over to a desk to be interviewed by one of the people on their HR team. She was friendly and asked very basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself. What job did you like the most, what did you like the least? What would a former employer say about you? Do you have reliable transportation? Do you have any problems being on time? She asked if I would be interested in Personal Training. I had already told her that my goal, ultimately is to be a trainer and that I was studying for my certification test. I applied for the front desk position because I did not think they would consider me as a trainer without certification, isn't that illegal? She informed me that as an employee, I could get certified for free, online, through a program they have that is accredited and I could take the certification with me when I leave. She said it only takes a few days to study online and then you just have to pass the test. She told me I would talk to the Personal Training Manager next.

Sat back down. Talked to another applicant who was also interviewed for personal trainer and he has never been certified. While we waited, the Personal Training Manager did a group "interview" with a bunch of prospective trainers and stressed over and over the boss wants everyone to know the vision, mission, what sets us apart and our core values. We can't proceed with your 2nd interview without this memorized. He sent them on their way and then I was called to his desk.

For this interview, he asked: Do you like working out? How often do you work out? Do you have reliable transportation? Can you get to work on time? So you'll have no problem being on time? I was never asked anything about my knowledge of training or anything health related. He gave me the Mission/Core Values/Vision, Walk-in and phone scripts packet, told me to memorize it and come back Thursday.

Thursday, I come back, recite the info and swapped 2 lines of the pages of stuff that had to be memorized. He told me I'd have to make sure to have it word for word, OK, that's fine. He told me I'd have to get my NSCA certification completed first. What about the free online certification? I'm sure a free online certification isn't a great one even if it is accredited, but that was the main appeal of taking a minimum wage job for the free cert that I could hold in addition to NSCA's distinguished cert. Without the free certification I was no longer interested in the personal trainer position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gold's Gym in December 2011.

Applied online, received a call back about 3 weeks later. Went in for an interview and the interviewer was 15mins late, not a good start. Received the usual questions (Why do you want to work here? What is your greatest strength? etc). After that, I was asked questions about health and fitness. Then I was given a list of foods and had to say whether they were a carb, fat, or protein and a list of exercises and had to say which body part they worked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gold's Gym in October 2011.

Initially, I was the person to contact the gym about a week after I applied. The General Manager conducted a phone interview, asking about my interests and achievements, and then brought me in for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was more in depth about my knowledge and personality, and a skills test was then scheduled, to take a 'client' through a sample workout. They judged on how frequently you encouraged the client, how often you made corrections to their form and helped them through the workout. Overall, it was a very simple interview process and the company as a whole was very welcoming. The compensation is better than fair, and the other employees are always willing to help.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem that you have encountered in a previous work experience, and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What is your physical fitness philosophy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gold's Gym in July 2011.

I applied online from out of town. They contacted me to schedule an interview as soon as I relocated. once I moved to the location I called and they gladly let me come in the following day for an interview. They were really friendly and had a "we are a family here" atmosphere. I had a great impression of the work environment however I was disappointed that there was no real base pay as they had advertised in their job listing. They told me to come back the following for the 2nd phase of the interview which would be a practical assessment and my ability to perform my job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They just wanted to know why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question
    There is nothing to negotiate at any gold's gym as I have found out. Most GG's are franchised and thus independently operated. From my experience and research they do not value their trainers that much. Do not be fooled by their base pay and bonuses statement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gold's Gym in October 2009.

Fairly simple and laid back. Was asked questions about 5 year goals, what made me want to ever become a trainer, personal interest questions, etc. I was told they would get back to me in the next few days, but actually I heard that same day. I was offered the job and I took it.

Interview Questions
    • How do you better yourself when it comes to your sales quota?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Md City, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Md City, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Gold's Gym in February 2008.

just sat and talked, easy

Interview Questions

wasn't my cup of tea. no pay structure set up,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gold's Gym in January 2008.

The hiring process here is a joke. It is so biased, work expierence, education does not matter. All the matters is first impression. Does the hiring manager like you or not thats it.

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to do when you finish school   View Answer
    not able to negotiate, take it or leave it