Gold's Gym Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Online submission and two interviews - there is also a background check. The date of hiring has normal in processing employee videos and briefings. This is not a 'give me' process be prepared and dressed well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gold's Gym

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call back, and then I met with the assistant fitness manager a few days later. I will always be grateful for the opportunity that Gold's gave me when nobody else would. If it wasn't for Gold's Gym SoCal, I wouldn't have been able to get the experience necessary to become a private trainer. I learned a lot, and met a ton of like minded individuals.

Interview Questions

• What was your training background?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Brought in a clerical person to sit in on the interview and said he had to talk to the boss about approving the position. Asked questions that are off limit. One on one conversation. Then the clerical person was brought in to meet me bc the boss was busy.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Why do you want this job? I can see you are in good shape, said while scanning my body. Asked if I was married.   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Very laid back and professional at the same time. The manager who interviewed asked real questions to see how passionate I am about the field. They were very flexible in giving me time to decide, and very encouraging! Good pay rate as well.

Interview Questions

They offer decent money, but the location was too far. If I was closer, I would have said yes!

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

It was super easy. all they cared about is that you are certified by a legitimate organization. at the gym i was at they reimbursed me the cost of the certification after only 6 months

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Good facilitation of group interview called back for second interview same day. Current staff was full of energy, welcoming, and professional. My first interview was with a group of 5 other people but ample time was given to each individual to answer all question. interviewers will ask you to give a brief introduction of your self and current experience before starting the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• "what are your plans within tyour first 30days if we offer you the position?" " what about the next 30days after that?"   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Questions fitness related and business related. Be yourself, don't be scared. Easy interview, Show Motivation and dedication to whatever you do and say... Be straight forward, try starting as part time first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Just a basic Q&A, resume review, scenarios with injured clients, and that's basically it. Some gyms will require you to show how you do coming up with programs with client specific goals or injuries and put the fitness manager through a workout and have you sell them training at the end.

Interview Questions

• If your client had a shoulder injury, what would you have them do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed my resume to the person whole contact info was listed for a new location. He emailed me back the same evening asking that I come in for an interview the following week at a specific time and day. I went to the location for my interview, and it was a recruiting office they had set up. The girls at the front asked if I applied already, I stated I had an interview with him at that time, and he already had my resume. I was told to fill out an application in the waiting area first and wait to be called. Anyone could have just walked in off the street for the same "interview" process. I was called over to a desk to be interviewed by one of the people on their HR team. She was friendly and asked very basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself. What job did you like the most, what did you like the least? What would a former employer say about you? Do you have reliable transportation? Do you have any problems being on time? She asked if I would be interested in Personal Training. I had already told her that my goal, ultimately is to be a trainer and that I was studying for my certification test. I applied for the front desk position because I did not think they would consider me as a trainer without certification, isn't that illegal? She informed me that as an employee, I could get certified for free, online, through a program they have that is accredited and I could take the certification with me when I leave. She said it only takes a few days to study online and then you just have to pass the test. She told me I would talk to the Personal Training Manager next. Sat back down. Talked to another applicant who was also interviewed for personal trainer and he has never been certified. While we waited, the Personal Training Manager did a group "interview" with a bunch of prospective trainers and stressed over and over the boss wants everyone to know the vision, mission, what sets us apart and our core values. We can't proceed with your 2nd interview without this memorized. He sent them on their way and then I was called to his desk. For this interview, he asked: Do you like working out? How often do you work out? Do you have reliable transportation? Can you get to work on time? So you'll have no problem being on time? I was never asked anything about my knowledge of training or anything health related. He gave me the Mission/Core Values/Vision, Walk-in and phone scripts packet, told me to memorize it and come back Thursday. Thursday, I come back, recite the info and swapped 2 lines of the pages of stuff that had to be memorized. He told me I'd have to make sure to have it word for word, OK, that's fine. He told me I'd have to get my NSCA certification completed first. What about the free online certification? I'm sure a free online certification isn't a great one even if it is accredited, but that was the main appeal of taking a minimum wage job for the free cert that I could hold in addition to NSCA's distinguished cert. Without the free certification I was no longer interested in the personal trainer position.

Anonymous Employee in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Dundalk, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back about 3 weeks later. Went in for an interview and the interviewer was 15mins late, not a good start. Received the usual questions (Why do you want to work here? What is your greatest strength? etc). After that, I was asked questions about health and fitness. Then I was given a list of foods and had to say whether they were a carb, fat, or protein and a list of exercises and had to say which body part they worked.