Golden Corral

2.0

Front of House Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Manager called after seeing my resume on monster. I suggested an interview date and time and he agreed. Store was being renovated, but still open. Asked about work experience.

Interview Questions

I actually haven't decided yet.

All Positions Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Apply online wait for a call. set up interview with any manager. hire on spot. or they will call you. normally only on spot hires and start you as soon as possible

no negotiation

Server Interview

I was hired on the spot for having worked at a previous golden corral in Pensacola. the hiring manager eric ran out to stop me in the parking lot and I stared working two days later as a cashier and six months later promoted to associate manager

Hostess Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Phone interview, followed up with an in person interview with managers. I was terrified because it was my first interview and would be my first job, but once I got there they made me feel relaxed. After it was done, I took a tour of the restaurant. Employees were very nice and professional.

There was no negotiation phase

FOH Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Golden Corral.

They may do a fun interview then take a tour of the restaurant, they will ask you if you have eaten there or not, what you know about them. Also what is your experience, compensation previously.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Contacted by a recruiter. Interviewed over the phone 2 times then went for a final interview face to face with district manager, who offered me a job then. Sent paper offer next day for my review.

Interview Questions
    • How has being in this business effected your family life?   Answer Question

Cashier/Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Golden Corral.

I submitted my application online. Two days later, I went in personally, dressed in a nice polo and slacks, asking if they were hiring. They took down my name and number, then called me back the next day asking for an interview. I had one interview with the kitchen manager and another with the general manager the next day. Two days later, I had orientation and was working the next day. No drug screen required.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard canned interview questions. No surprises to anyone who has been interviewed before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You are given a $0.50 raise after one month based on performance. I had to pester the manager for six weeks to get my raise.

GM Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Golden Corral.

4 hour interview

5 mins via text

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Golden Corral in March 2014.

Very fast (s/b in all caps)!!! Worked with a 3rd party recruiter who was wonderful. She mainstreamed the entire process. The next day the DM called for a phone interview and a one on one interview was scheduled before I was off the phone with him. From initial conversation with recruiter until I signed on the dotted line was only 8 days.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of this job was the initial culture shock. The amount of food that people consume from a buffet with 1 flat price compared to a made to order meal is mind boggling. There is so much waste.   Answer Question
    They matched the salary of my previous job. There wasn't a lot of negotiation.

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Golden Corral.

It was a normal proses.

Interview Questions

I'm don't want to relocate at this time