Golden Corral

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Golden Corral in February 2015.

It was very brief and straightforward questions. The manager giving the interview was very polite. The resturant must have been busy that day, because it did take the manager 30 minutes to get to me. After my first interview I had a second that was with a group of other newly hired coworkers and we filled out this large pamphlet which took a little over an hour. And then last but not least, I had to do this computer questionarie that litterally took 4-5 hours to complete, which was so boring.

Interview Questions
    start at 8.25 and then move up to I think 9.25 after 30 days.

Dish Washing Interview

I was told to come in two days after my app. Was received.. For an interview. I came in the next two days. N started working. I was given the job the moment I walked through the door. I was given a shirt and an aprain to get the work started.

There weren't any negotiation

Front of House Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Manager called after seeing my resume on monster. I suggested an interview date and time and he agreed. Store was being renovated, but still open. Asked about work experience.

Interview Questions

I actually haven't decided yet.

All Positions Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Apply online wait for a call. set up interview with any manager. hire on spot. or they will call you. normally only on spot hires and start you as soon as possible

no negotiation

Server Interview

I was hired on the spot for having worked at a previous golden corral in Pensacola. the hiring manager eric ran out to stop me in the parking lot and I stared working two days later as a cashier and six months later promoted to associate manager

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Golden Corral in August 2014.

I heard Golden Corral was hiring got the number from a friend called Golden Corral the next day had to work the next day the day after filled out application started in a week

Interview Questions
    • How many years cook?
      Did you go to school?

View Answer
    Answer all questions truthfully and everything should work out in your favor as long as you tell the truth

Hostess Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Phone interview, followed up with an in person interview with managers. I was terrified because it was my first interview and would be my first job, but once I got there they made me feel relaxed. After it was done, I took a tour of the restaurant. Employees were very nice and professional.

There was no negotiation phase

FOH Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Golden Corral.

They may do a fun interview then take a tour of the restaurant, they will ask you if you have eaten there or not, what you know about them. Also what is your experience, compensation previously.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Golden Corral.

Contacted by a recruiter. Interviewed over the phone 2 times then went for a final interview face to face with district manager, who offered me a job then. Sent paper offer next day for my review.

Interview Questions
    • How has being in this business effected your family life?   Answer Question

Cashier/Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Golden Corral.

I submitted my application online. Two days later, I went in personally, dressed in a nice polo and slacks, asking if they were hiring. They took down my name and number, then called me back the next day asking for an interview. I had one interview with the kitchen manager and another with the general manager the next day. Two days later, I had orientation and was working the next day. No drug screen required.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard canned interview questions. No surprises to anyone who has been interviewed before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You are given a $0.50 raise after one month based on performance. I had to pester the manager for six weeks to get my raise.