Golden Corral

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Golden Corral in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were exactly two interviews that I partook in. The first one was in person and the second one was a group panel interview. The managers were all very nice and friendly and actually wanted to see you succeed in life. They hire people with motivation and drive. They don't want their employees to stay there forever. They want it to be a stepping stone to get you to where you want to be.

Interview Question – What are your overall goals and what do you plan to do when you get older?   Answer Question

Gm Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Golden Corral.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview

Interview Question – favorite drink   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 5 mins via text

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Golden Corral.

Interview Details – It was a normal proses.

Interview Question – None. all professional questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I'm don't want to relocate at this time

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Golden Corral in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online; was called about about a week later for an interview. Spoke with a friendly manager who couldn't locate my online application so I filled out another (more like a questionnaire than an actuall app). She asked me about my work experience; and why I left previous employers. She told me what was expected of me (be nice to coworkers and customers, multi-task, be reliable and on time). Once I agreed she hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Was asked why I left a job that I particularly hated.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't need to. The pay was 55 cents higher than my last job that had more duties, so I accepted.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Golden Corral.

Interview Details – The process took about 4 weeks from start to finish, from the time I spoke to the recuiter to the District manager who hired me.

Interview Question – Which military General I would consider to be me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Smooth, open

FOH Manager Interview

Aiken, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Golden Corral in January 2012.

Interview Details – First I got an email to schedule an interview. Then I went to the local store and had the interview with the DIrector of Operations. He thanked me and called me back and said he wanted to hire me but he needed me to interview with another person. This interview was by phone. I did the interview with her and she called the director of Ops and said I was a good match. He called back with my start date.

Interview Question – How would you handle it one server accuses another of stealing her tips?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Margate, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Golden Corral in January 2011.

Interview Details – Quick interview, just asking for some experience and positive attitude. That's all

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Server/Crew Leader Interview

Server/Crew Leader
Wilkesboro, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Golden Corral in May 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out paper application, talked to Associate Manager for 5 minutes or so and was hired to start the next day.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Golden Corral in May 2012.

Interview Details – ok just felt like i was being drilled by a drill sergeant

Interview Question – can you handle this whole section alone?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Golden Corral

Worked for Golden Corral? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Golden Corral interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Golden Corral employees and interview candidates.