Golden Corral Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Front of House Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golden Corral.

Manager called after seeing my resume on monster. I suggested an interview date and time and he agreed. Store was being renovated, but still open. Asked about work experience.

Interview Questions

I actually haven't decided yet.

All Positions Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Golden Corral.

Apply online wait for a call. set up interview with any manager. hire on spot. or they will call you. normally only on spot hires and start you as soon as possible

no negotiation

Server Interview

I was hired on the spot for having worked at a previous golden corral in Pensacola. the hiring manager eric ran out to stop me in the parking lot and I stared working two days later as a cashier and six months later promoted to associate manager

Hostess Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Golden Corral.

Phone interview, followed up with an in person interview with managers. I was terrified because it was my first interview and would be my first job, but once I got there they made me feel relaxed. After it was done, I took a tour of the restaurant. Employees were very nice and professional.

There was no negotiation phase

FOH Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Golden Corral.

They may do a fun interview then take a tour of the restaurant, they will ask you if you have eaten there or not, what you know about them. Also what is your experience, compensation previously.

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  California, MD
    Anonymous Employee in California, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Golden Corral in February 2014.

At first the people were very nice and considerate the first interview, they made me think that I had a chance to be considered for the job, and then I find myself disappointed and unsure what had went wrong. I drive by a few weeks later and they had decided to only hire certain minorities. People were saying they are treating all their employees like crap.. And take advantage of them. But this is only my golden corral, I highly doubt all of them are this way. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick and some businesses are like that.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation involving very disruptive individuals while working?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golden Corral.

Contacted by a recruiter. Interviewed over the phone 2 times then went for a final interview face to face with district manager, who offered me a job then. Sent paper offer next day for my review.

Interview Questions
    • How has being in this business effected your family life?   Answer Question

Cashier/Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golden Corral.

I submitted my application online. Two days later, I went in personally, dressed in a nice polo and slacks, asking if they were hiring. They took down my name and number, then called me back the next day asking for an interview. I had one interview with the kitchen manager and another with the general manager the next day. Two days later, I had orientation and was working the next day. No drug screen required.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard canned interview questions. No surprises to anyone who has been interviewed before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You are given a $0.50 raise after one month based on performance. I had to pester the manager for six weeks to get my raise.

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Golden Corral in September 2010.

There were exactly two interviews that I partook in. The first one was in person and the second one was a group panel interview. The managers were all very nice and friendly and actually wanted to see you succeed in life. They hire people with motivation and drive. They don't want their employees to stay there forever. They want it to be a stepping stone to get you to where you want to be.

Interview Questions
    • What are your overall goals and what do you plan to do when you get older?   Answer Question

GM Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Golden Corral.

4 hour interview

5 mins via text

Worked for Golden Corral? Contribute to the Community!