Golden Living Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Living (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I trained at my location during my CNA program. During my program it was suggested that we apply to our training locations, so I did. I got a callback within a week, had a short/sweet interview, and was hired on the spot. From application to first day of work I would say it took 2 weeks. Within this two weeks I was called back, had an interview, called to say I was hired, got a drug test, took a two day orientation to watch safety videos, and then 4 days of actual orientation before my first day of work.

Interview Questions

• What if your coworker needed help with something?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a family emergency and needed time off?   1 Answer

Accounts Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Living (Fort Smith, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

phone interview was basic, 2 mangers interview and accepted. I am guessing due to the hostile environment they have a turnaround on employees to fill the gaps left by leaving employees. I have additionally noticed/know that most employees are miserable and are just staying since Fort Smith is at such a high unemployment rate.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Golden Living.

Interview

I had two interviews the first was a telephone screening interview it was a review of basic standardized questions. that was followed up by a written test that you could take on your home computer

Interview Questions

• where did the applicant see senior care moving to in the next 24 months   1 Answer

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Living (Petaluma, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took place in the Director of Nursing's office sitting at her desk. The DON asked very basic and straightforward questions during the interview and a few specific questions about being a CNA. After the interview the DON asked about my availability and desired shifts, then offered me a position and gave me a folder of new hire paperwork.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Golden Living (Augusta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called and asked if I could come in the same day, about 3 weeks after submitting my application online. There wasn't much of an interview, but more of a "let me give you a feel for the place " My interviewer might as well have told me to run. Apparently the teamwork is almost nonexistent at this location, and there are so many problems that there is concern the they would be loosing their accreditation soon. The position I was applying for was PRN, and I would have been responsible for about 16-17 patients. That's a lot, to say the least, but to top it off was the low salary. I have no problem starting out at $8, but the rate at which you are offered raises was shown to me so I would know what I was getting into. It would literally take several years to get up to $10 an hour. I can deal with that only if I have a good team to work with, and fewer patients! I was told that she would give me a call back so that I could speak with the Director of Nursing, and I could tell her "what I had decided " I was never called back, so I assume that the position was filled, but I wouldn't have accepted it anyway!

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have as a CNA?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Golden Living (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was brief and not very thorough. Didn't ask very many questions, neither she or I. Not a whole lot to write about here. But this thing says I have to write 30 words.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been a nurse   1 Answer

Intake Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Living.

Interview

Three panel interview, with typical interview questions. Tell me a little about yourself, where do you see yourself in five years, how can you make our company better. After the questions it was a relaxed atmosphere and we just discussed everyday life.

Anonymous Employee in Superior, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Golden Living (Superior, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Face to face Background check and finger printing Do an orientation Take tour Meet residents Watch a dozen safety state required. Videos Physical at own expense Shadow senior nurses on both day and night

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with loss?   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Golden Living.

Interview

Askec to take ED post as interim and decide in 1month to go permenently through process. Took until May after a fast and furious trip to Dallas to interview with Divisuonal VP and SVP. Sat to wait, VP very rarely engaged or made eye contact with anything more that her computer. No real interview questions. same with SVP. Was told everyone below wanted me. Kept asking me to extend contract. Job was never offered although rave reviews. Was not impressed with process length, and felt quite used by company.

Interview Questions

• All normal and acceptable questions until reaching Dallas and asked opinions of consulting staff, which is not appropriate or professional to aske a candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shafter, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Golden Living (Shafter, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submit online app, which required you to upload a resume. When I showed up for interview I was still required to fill out a paper one! She only asked me one question. The rest of the time she told me what to expect and to avoid drama.

Interview Questions

• You are feeding a resident and she begins coughing. What do you do?   Answer Question