Golden Media Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golden Media in June 2011.

I talked initially with an assistant who asked if she could schedule a time to do a preliminary interview on the telephone. It went well. Following the phone interview, I to their cool office on Macadam. I was very impressed by their approach and genuine interest in me.

Interview Questions
    • What's your greatest strength in media buying.   View Answer
    • How do you handle media rates that are too high, but you think you need the station or publisher?   View Answer

Freelance (to Possibly Perm?) Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Golden Media in May 2011.

This seems to be a small agency. The assistant to the owner phoned and asked me for a phone interview. During the interview, she seemed somewhat scattered and unprofessional. She seemed really young and inexperienced, and was "screening" to send certain candidates on to the owner for an in-person interview. Most of the things she was looking for seemed to be personal qualities - eg, information that would benefit her personally. For example, she was hoping to find a candidate who would be willing to "mentor" her and help her learn how to be a media buyer. I don't have a problem with being asked to mentor or train other employees, but I did find it an odd screening question as it was not part of the official job description. She also asked personal questions, like what I do in my spare time, which is illegal to ask in a job interview. However, she seemed pleased and indicated I would be hearing back in a certain time frame about a follow-up interview.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to mentor me if you were hired?   View Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   View Answer

When I finally heard back, I received a voice message indicating they had "put a hold on their search to do a few different things," but she would like to speak with me to give me feedback. It was difficult to understand what she was saying, she didn't articulate well and honestly seemed really strange - something seemed "off." As the job was seeming increasingly tenuous and a waste of time to pursue, I did not phone back.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Golden Media

Worked for Golden Media? Contribute to the Community!