GoldenSource Corporation

2.6

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation in September 2009.

The process was pretty straightforward. I got an initial call from HR, who asked me to describe my experience in more detail. I then met with the head of the services group, who described the position to me, explained some of the details (travel expectations, current projects, etc). Based on my experience, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

I'd heard that the company had been laying people off, so i was concerned about long-term job security.

There were 3 rounds.
    1. written paper having testing related stuff(( around 10 questions)
    2. Technical
    3. Managerial round
    4. HR round

Please negotiate good in your HR round
    SQL and Finance knowledge is a plus point.

Interview Questions
    • Trading Life cycle!
      Its not used here but asked in the interview

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer In QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation in February 2014.

There are 3 rounds.
    The questions are basic and easy. Waterfall Model, types of testing.

Also questions related to Selenium, Java for automated testing. SQL also is required.
    Also basic knowledge of Linux is a plus.If you are from Finance background the chances are doubled.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join? You already work at a big firm.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation.

Written test consisting of question related to Testing of different scenarios (ATM machine, Bank transaction etc. ) approx 15 questions, most of them were about considering the test scenarios and test case preparations.
    A through practical test all related to testing, no MCQ. One has to be clear with testing knowledge to clear the test.

2nd round- Technical interview
    About current experience, work done till date, some questions about Unix, Application servers, testing concepts and scenario based. Some logical questions.

3rd round - Manager round (Was telephonic in my case)
    Same questions again- testing concepts, some behavioral type questions

4th round - VP round(Was telephonic in my case)
    General brief about the company and about yourself. Why do you to join the company

5th round- HR
    CTC related questions, why do you want to organization. Tell the details about organization

6th round (Last round taken by MD)
    Just a brief about what you are doing currently.
    was asked to explain the application i am working on using a dashboard

Interview Questions
    • The technical was bit difficult.
      The wriiten test was average if clear with testing concepts.

Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation.

Be Prepared
    Research as much as you can about HCL, who we are, our services and our strategic direction. Make sure you articulate how your strengths and career goals align with ours, and why you think you’ll succeed in our organisation.

Be Proactive
    Prepare a list of questions to ask your interviewer(s) so you can assess whether HCL is the right place to grow. Ask us questions about our organisation, the opportunities we can offer you and what you can expect from us.

Be Yourself
    Try to relax and remember that we’re interested in the real you.

Be Professional
    Present yourself with confidence. We will be looking for professionalism in how you dress, speak and what you tell us about yourself.

Be Punctual
    Arrive at least five minutes early and if – for reasons out of your control – you’re running late, do call your interviewer and explain your reasons.

not negotiable

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation.

Basically GoldenSource does not hold walk-ins for freshers.Candidates either come through references or contacts to various training institutes. Firstly the candidate go through a logical aptitute and a technical aptitude from which the filtered candidates are sent for Hr and technical interview.....if interview is cleared the candidate is 90% selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation in November 2012.

Interview process was tiring. Had to face five rounds of interviews in addition to aptitude test.Aptitude test was easy, then came the HR interview which was good. Then there were two technical interviews which tested my knowledge and finally got to the interview with the VP of HR which was just the welcome to the company sort of thing.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question was to write down a very big SQL query which i had to get right in around 2 mins   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation in August 2011.

It was a bit difficult. We had Aptitude test followed by technical test then personal and technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions testing the knowledge of oracle and java were asked   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation in September 2010.

1st round- MCQ on SQL and Oracle
    2nd round- Personal interview (Included questions on the above 2 topics and also relational database, was also asked to write some queries and trigger syntax)
    3rd round- HR round (basic HR questions)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GoldenSource Corporation in August 2010.

3 rounds of interview - 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round.
    1. Technical round - Behavioral questions based on your current project.
    2. Technical round - Architecture as well as multi threading concepts related questions.
    3. HR round - general HR questions.