Golder Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Environmental Technician Interview

Environmental Technician
Wixom, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview Details – Personal phone call to set up interview on a specified date by the hiring personnel at the closest office. The interview was held in an office at a small round table with an engineer and a geologist whom would be providing the assignments.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to apply for the position over others?   Answer Question

C-4 Level Scientist Interview

C-4 Level Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Golder Associates in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a long process. First a 30-minute phone interview followed by a 6-hour on-site interview about 3 weeks later. The on-site interview started with a 30-minute interview with HR followed by me being passed around to about a dozen senior level professionals for a series of 30-minute 1 on 1 interviews. This was followed by an hour lunch with the junior staff. It was very long and tiring. They took about a month to get back to me. I had to ask for a status update at least once in that time.

Interview Question – I don't remember one. I was pretty well prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked my price during the on-site interview. I got was I asked for, so there was no negotiation.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Golder Associates in August 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about a potential job with Golder from my University contacts. They said to contacted local office manager through email. Upon contacting the office an interview was arranged with the local Project Managers. After the interview a job posting was created after the interview on the Golder website, where I then applied online. The local office then pulled my resume through and offered a job withing a couple days.

Interview Question – What is your field drilling experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The office manager asked what I wanted as salary and then back calculated out the hourly rate charged to clients to see if that salary would be profitable for the office.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview Details – Submitted online application and received a call from corporate office to ask basic interview questions ~ 15 min long (you will never hear from this person ever again). Received a call about a week later and arranged a flight for an in person interview. In person interview was about half a day. They bring you in, have you talk to multiple employees and managers. Have option to give thesis presentation for graduates. Received a call a week later for an offer and began 2 weeks later. From online application to first day at work was 5-6 weeks.

Interview Question – Willing to travel? How much?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had minor negotiations for relocation expenses.

Staff Geologist Interview

Staff Geologist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly people.

Interview Question – Experience based questions, nothing to challenging   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Document Production Specialist Interview

Document Production Specialist
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview Details – The interview was one-sided as my future supervisor only discussed the job description and where I went to went to college.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation. It was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Internship Interview

Internship
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was a pleasant interview. I got a chance to talk to several associates. They explained to me what they do and their area of expertise. I also got the chance to talk with the principals of the office. They basically just asked about my background and where my interests lies. The interview is more of a meet and greet rather than a formal interview with HR. Just be prepared to explain your interests and why you want to join the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Lakewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Golder Associates in August 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about the position from a recruiter. She made the initial contact and handled the scheduling of the interview. The interview was setup for less than a week from the first initial contact. The interview lasted about a hour and was actually not stressful like most interviews. I was relaxed as was the Manager giving the interview. I was asked questions about my experience and background as well as some hypothetical situation questions. All said and done the whole process was quick and easy.

Interview Question – An unexpected question that I was asked was; "you just got off work and are driving home with a smile on your face, what is making me smile?"   Answer Question

Geologist/Environmental Scientist Position Interview

Geologist/Environmental Scientist Position
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Golder Associates in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the local HR/admin by email to set up an interview. The interview was about average. They had the hiring manager and two other employees asking questions. They went over my resume and asked pretty standard questions such as tell us about yourself, what experience do you have with this, one real life field situational question, why should we hire you etc. That maybe took 20 minutes. After they had a 'hands on' portion of the interview that was more of a test to see how well you could analyze water samples with given materials and write up a brief report. I had no idea how to do the test but I did my best and wrote a report that was professional. It seemed like they were interviewing a lot of people for this one position back to back and I met the girls before and after me in the hallway. They took 2 weeks to decide then I got an email telling me I didn't get it about 3+ weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   Answer Question
  • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • What would you do in this situation? A real life 'out in the field' question about what you would do if the terrain was bad, the testing well was far and your partner was almost done.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Staff Scientist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Golder Associates in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with a short phone interview, then I went to Denver for a "coffee shop" interview where two Golder employees asked me questions for an hour. A few weeks later I went back for an office interview which took about 5 hours and included lunch with lower level staff. The next week I received a call from a member of their staff that had not been there the day of my office interview. She asked me questions that would have been difficult for most people, but given my experience they were extremely easy for me. The call lasted an hour.

I felt really great about my possibilities and was very excited. Then I received a call from my contact and I was told she did not believe I would be happy there. I heard this multiple times during the interview process by the way. So it surprised me when another principal contacted me and talked for 20 minutes and then they called my references.

However, I have never heard anything from them since. No offers - no rejections. People I know ask me weekly if I have heard anything because they know how excited I was about this job - and over a month later I am still saying no. So I guess even though the interview takes the equivalent of a day don't expect an answer.

I got an odd feeling about the interview but who knows if I am right. It was like they were in a candy store and they wanted that $5 candy bar and looked at it for 10 minutes before realizing they only had $1. Everyone there was very nice and I am sure people enjoy working there. But I was not given that chance.

Interview Question – I guess not really a question because I was not asked - but several times the same person said she did not think I would be happy there.   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Golder Associates

Worked for Golder Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Golder Associates interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Golder Associates employees and interview candidates.