Golder Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

After I submitted my application online it took about 2 months before being contacted by Human Resources for an interview. It was a telephone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The questions were very basic, and at the end I was told that they would make a decision the following week. They never contacted me again. I emailed the manager I interviewed with several times and never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Environmental Engineering? What was your favorite course? Do you have any experience writing technical reports? Do you have any experience with GIS? What salary are you looking for?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

I applied online in mid-September. I received a phone interview at the end of November. A few days later I was invited to set up an on-site interview in December. I was there for a few hours one morning speaking to various employees and touring the office. Primarily, I was asked questions about my interests, my future goals, and my willingness to do certain things.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. It was the usual suspects like "tell me about yourself" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years."   Answer Question

Document Production Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

After applying for the job ad, I received a phone call for an interview.

The questions were toatlly fluff as the interviewer said I had the job since her son was going to the same college from which I graduated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Administrative Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Golder Associates (Redmond, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview about a week or two later. I was given a quick tour of the office and met with the manager. Much of the interview was spent discussing skills and how my skills related to the job in question. It was largely a conversational interview. Although, I did come to find out later after having already started the job, that much of the duties this role was said to be responsible for were grossly misstated in the interview. It did not match at all what the actually duties were for this position.

When considering working here, be sure to try and find out what a typical day/week/month would be like for you. If the role responsibilities seem broad (too broad), that should raise a red flag for you. Keep asking questions until you are satisfied.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to relate my experience to a series of questions on job tasks. Nothing too challenging since I had the identified experience and came prepared to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a decent salary and benefits so there wasn't much negotiation to speak of. Pay aside, I would highly suggest you thoroughly evaluate all aspects of the job offer, company, and culture before accepting the offer. Read the reviews here.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

Drug screening and health examination were required, Medical office used was a bit archaic and the Dr. was very old, possibly a retiree, just padding his pockets. Background check was performed and references called, Interviewed by the Operations manager and also by the local office senior manager.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a play would you be the actor, director, prop, or a member of the audience? And how would you classify your position.   Answer Question

Environmental Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Golder Associates (Wixom, MI).

Interview

Personal phone call to set up interview on a specified date by the hiring personnel at the closest office. The interview was held in an office at a small round table with an engineer and a geologist whom would be providing the assignments.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for the position over others?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Golder Associates.

Interview

Submitted online application and received a call from corporate office to ask basic interview questions ~ 15 min long (you will never hear from this person ever again). Received a call about a week later and arranged a flight for an in person interview. In person interview was about half a day. They bring you in, have you talk to multiple employees and managers. Have option to give thesis presentation for graduates. Received a call a week later for an offer and began 2 weeks later. From online application to first day at work was 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had minor negotiations for relocation expenses.

Document Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Golder Associates (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview was one-sided as my future supervisor only discussed the job description and where I went to went to college.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiation. It was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Golder Associates (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview. I got a chance to talk to several associates. They explained to me what they do and their area of expertise. I also got the chance to talk with the principals of the office. They basically just asked about my background and where my interests lies. The interview is more of a meet and greet rather than a formal interview with HR. Just be prepared to explain your interests and why you want to join the company.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Golder Associates (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2012.

Interview

I heard about a potential job with Golder from my University contacts. They said to contacted local office manager through email. Upon contacting the office an interview was arranged with the local Project Managers. After the interview a job posting was created after the interview on the Golder website, where I then applied online. The local office then pulled my resume through and offered a job withing a couple days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The office manager asked what I wanted as salary and then back calculated out the hourly rate charged to clients to see if that salary would be profitable for the office.