Golder Associates Interview Questions

2.7

Administrative Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

I applied online and was called in for an interview about a week or two later. I was given a quick tour of the office and met with the manager. Much of the interview was spent discussing skills and how my skills related to the job in question. It was largely a conversational interview. Although, I did come to find out later after having already started the job, that much of the duties this role was said to be responsible for were grossly misstated in the interview. It did not match at all what the actually duties were for this position.

When considering working here, be sure to try and find out what a typical day/week/month would be like for you. If the role responsibilities seem broad (too broad), that should raise a red flag for you. Keep asking questions until you are satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to relate my experience to a series of questions on job tasks. Nothing too challenging since I had the identified experience and came prepared to the interview.   Answer Question
    They offered a decent salary and benefits so there wasn't much negotiation to speak of. Pay aside, I would highly suggest you thoroughly evaluate all aspects of the job offer, company, and culture before accepting the offer. Read the reviews here.

Office Administrator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Golder Associates.

Drug screening and health examination were required, Medical office used was a bit archaic and the Dr. was very old, possibly a retiree, just padding his pockets. Background check was performed and references called, Interviewed by the Operations manager and also by the local office senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a play would you be the actor, director, prop, or a member of the audience? And how would you classify your position.   Answer Question

Environmental Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wixom, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

Personal phone call to set up interview on a specified date by the hiring personnel at the closest office. The interview was held in an office at a small round table with an engineer and a geologist whom would be providing the assignments.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply for the position over others?   Answer Question

C-4 Level Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Golder Associates in July 2012.

It was a long process. First a 30-minute phone interview followed by a 6-hour on-site interview about 3 weeks later. The on-site interview started with a 30-minute interview with HR followed by me being passed around to about a dozen senior level professionals for a series of 30-minute 1 on 1 interviews. This was followed by an hour lunch with the junior staff. It was very long and tiring. They took about a month to get back to me. I had to ask for a status update at least once in that time.

Interview Questions
    I was asked my price during the on-site interview. I got was I asked for, so there was no negotiation.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Golder Associates in August 2012.

I heard about a potential job with Golder from my University contacts. They said to contacted local office manager through email. Upon contacting the office an interview was arranged with the local Project Managers. After the interview a job posting was created after the interview on the Golder website, where I then applied online. The local office then pulled my resume through and offered a job withing a couple days.

Interview Questions
    The office manager asked what I wanted as salary and then back calculated out the hourly rate charged to clients to see if that salary would be profitable for the office.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

Submitted online application and received a call from corporate office to ask basic interview questions ~ 15 min long (you will never hear from this person ever again). Received a call about a week later and arranged a flight for an in person interview. In person interview was about half a day. They bring you in, have you talk to multiple employees and managers. Have option to give thesis presentation for graduates. Received a call a week later for an offer and began 2 weeks later. From online application to first day at work was 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Had minor negotiations for relocation expenses.

Staff Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates in January 2012.

Very friendly people.

Document Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates.

The interview was one-sided as my future supervisor only discussed the job description and where I went to went to college.

Interview Questions
    There was negotiation. It was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Golder Associates in March 2013.

It was a pleasant interview. I got a chance to talk to several associates. They explained to me what they do and their area of expertise. I also got the chance to talk with the principals of the office. They basically just asked about my background and where my interests lies. The interview is more of a meet and greet rather than a formal interview with HR. Just be prepared to explain your interests and why you want to join the company.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Golder Associates in August 2012.

I found out about the position from a recruiter. She made the initial contact and handled the scheduling of the interview. The interview was setup for less than a week from the first initial contact. The interview lasted about a hour and was actually not stressful like most interviews. I was relaxed as was the Manager giving the interview. I was asked questions about my experience and background as well as some hypothetical situation questions. All said and done the whole process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question that I was asked was; "you just got off work and are driving home with a smile on your face, what is making me smile?"   Answer Question

Worked for Golder Associates? Contribute to the Community!