Goldman Sachs Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2014.

I applied on Goldman's website for the administrative assistant position to their private wealth management division in Beverly Hills.

I received a phone call about a week later from one of their recruiters in New York. He asked me a lot of questions pertaining my experience and background. After 30 minutes he said that he would be forwarding my resume to the people in L.A and would be reaching it to me if they liked me to schedule an interview.

A few days later, I received a call from another recruiter saying that they would like to schedule me for an in person interview. She said she would email me the interview details and sure enough, shortly after I received an email with the address, names of the interviewers, and the interview time and date. She also recommend that I do my homework on the specific division by researching their website which I had already done!

My interview was scheduled a week from the day of her call. I arrived 30 minutes early to give myself time to park in the right place and navigate their giant building. They have a parking lot adjacent to their building (which they validate your parking for), and by the time I made my way to the building I still had plenty of time to kill. Luckily they have a Pete's coffee on premises so I went in, and grabbed a coffee. I checked in the front desk and they directed me to the elevator that takes you to Goldman's offices which are in the 26th & 27th floor. I checked in with their receptionist and had a few minutes to sit in their lobby.

Someone came out to meet me and took me in one of the conference rooms (with some stellar breath taking views). I waited about five minutes for the first interviewer. I was expecting a panel interview since the email had three names for interviewers. But it wasn't like that. I interviewed with all three separately. It took about 90 minutes. Very standard interview. One of the three people on the email didn't end up conducting my interview but they sent someone else.

Interview Questions
  • Typical questions, but they mostly wanted me to just elaborate on my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

I received a phone call and then a follow-up confirmation email regarding a time to interview. Be prepared to navigate the huge building! Security was very helpful, but it is a massive building so give yourself a few minutes to get where you need to go. My first interviewer was timely. I spoke with her for about a half hour, then with a second person for about 45 minutes. I was told to wait in the conference room for a third person. I ended up waiting for about 25 minutes before I asked someone if I was supposed to go somewhere else, and she said the third person was on a long phone call. Another 30 minutes later, she finally arrived. She seemed a bit flustered and did a lot of "mmhmm"-ing during my responses. I think everyone was busy, and I just kind of felt like I was in the way! Which, hopefully, didn't have anything to do with me. However, considering I still haven't heard back from them, maybe it did!

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions, typical interview stuff (weaknesses, why should we hire you, etc). Definitely be familiar with your resume, as they have it in front of them and may refer back to it. Sounds silly, but she asked about an experience I had during undergrad and it took me a moment to reflect back on it!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2011.

A former co-worker submitted my resume to the hiring manager. Everyone was nice and friendly. The interview took 1/2 hour. I emailed Thank You notes to the interviewers. No one responded. I called HR person to find out status. I was informed they will let me know, but I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • What are you planning to do on your vacation?   View Answer