Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Question – Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews- each round consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews.

Interview Question – No difficult questions- I had anticipated the tricky questions, but mostly, it was a pleasant conversation.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Intense. Requires careful preparation. Seek feedback through mock interviews before superday. Have conviction.

Interview Question – Most questions are derivatives of questions on prep guides. I was asked how to solve the European crisis, which was expected. The surprise was the detailed follow-up on nuances. It was basically a pressure session.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Interview Question – "What is 13 times 14?"   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – pretty standard interviews. spoke with almost everyone in the team. Goldman focuses on team work so character matters a lot, of course you have to be a qualified candidate first. It was overall a very positive interview experience. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and nice. It was a very long process, round by round. Be prepared.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – email, contacted by MD, brought in to disucss resume

Interview Question – what would you do if you don't get this position?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

Interview Details – intense, on campus then super day, mostly fit

Interview Question – mostly fit, some technical stuff, nothing unexpected if you prepared   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Tree traversal.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Long but good.

Interview Question – There were too many to count.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough but fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Analyst interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.