Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews- each round consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews.

Interview Question – No difficult questions- I had anticipated the tricky questions, but mostly, it was a pleasant conversation.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Intense. Requires careful preparation. Seek feedback through mock interviews before superday. Have conviction.

Interview Question – Most questions are derivatives of questions on prep guides. I was asked how to solve the European crisis, which was expected. The surprise was the detailed follow-up on nuances. It was basically a pressure session.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Interview Question – "What is 13 times 14?"   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – pretty standard interviews. spoke with almost everyone in the team. Goldman focuses on team work so character matters a lot, of course you have to be a qualified candidate first. It was overall a very positive interview experience. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and nice. It was a very long process, round by round. Be prepared.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – email, contacted by MD, brought in to disucss resume

Interview Question – what would you do if you don't get this position?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

Interview Details – intense, on campus then super day, mostly fit

Interview Question – mostly fit, some technical stuff, nothing unexpected if you prepared   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Tree traversal.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Long but good.

Interview Question – There were too many to count.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough but fair.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting - two rounds of phone interviews followed by a super day - which is a series of about six interviews. Offers were made quickly but they never reimbursed my travel cost.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Analyst interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.