Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I was sent Immediately to "super day".... through networking.

5 interviews in Chicago office 7AM - Noon. Ranged from VPs to new hires.

Awesome facility. The experienced professionals were awesome. Younger analysts seemed awkward & overworked.

I am not a finance major, so questions were more market based/behavioral based/etc.... Nothing too complex. If you watch the news/follows the WSJ you should be fine understanding the questions.

Interview Questions
  • "Why do you want to work at a company where you will have no life?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

I was hired for their CRMA division. It took a month for them to get back after I submitted my application. The entire interview process took 2 months, mostly due to the availability of interviewers. I waited for exactly 2 weeks to hear back after the final interview.
    The overall interview process was very positive. Needless to say that everyone was very professional. There were 8 half-hour back-to-back interviews, all conducted over the phone. There were some typical behavioral questions including tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you had a heavy workload, tell me about a project at your latest internship... etc. You need to know your resume very well. I don't have a very strong finance background, so they didn't ask very advanced finance questions, though there were still some basic technical questions such as what is credit risk, how would you analyze a company's credit risk, what role does debt plays in credit risk analysis, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected. The most unexpected question was what do you think is the most important thing to GS at this point?   View Answer
    No negotiation. The salary is fair.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First rounds on campus and then was invited back for a second round with a number of groups and then a final super day where I interviewed with everyone in the specific group I was looking at

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly standard interview. A few math type questions, but knew these (and got asked them) since I had a finance background   Answer Question
    No negotiation since analyst program has pre-set amounts

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Analyst Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

Analyst Interview

Intense. Requires careful preparation. Seek feedback through mock interviews before superday. Have conviction.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are derivatives of questions on prep guides. I was asked how to solve the European crisis, which was expected. The surprise was the detailed follow-up on nuances. It was basically a pressure session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Initial phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews- each round consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions- I had anticipated the tricky questions, but mostly, it was a pleasant conversation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

pretty standard interviews. spoke with almost everyone in the team. Goldman focuses on team work so character matters a lot, of course you have to be a qualified candidate first. It was overall a very positive interview experience. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and nice. It was a very long process, round by round. Be prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

email, contacted by MD, brought in to disucss resume

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you don't get this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.