Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Many rounds. Met almost everyone on the desk.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple round interviews with dozens of contacts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

HR Round followed by 4 other rounds with different stakeholders in the Dept.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Hiring through college. There were 3 interview rounds. the first was hr and the rest 2 were technical. It was very tough, the questions asked were random, although most were about whatever was written in the resume. However it was very interesting and dint seem lengthy even though it went on for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. However there were atleast 2 questions asked for every 1 answered.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

first round: MCQs on aptitude and technical followed by a couple of programs and an essay on 'why I am the best fit for GS' second round: Group Discussion on a given situation the group is put. The second round is followed by interviews.During the interview process the candidate's resume is studied by the interviewers and a lot of questions were asked on it.

Interview Questions

• Explain certain OOPS concept (which they will decide) without using technical terms?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience. Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting for my final interview date.