Goldman Sachs

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
87 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Many rounds. Met almost everyone on the desk.

Interview Question – Asked about fx forwards, and fx carry.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Multiple round interviews with dozens of contacts.

Interview Question – Endless brain teasers and math problems   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – HR Round followed by 4 other rounds with different stakeholders in the Dept.

Interview Question – Finance Related Questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Interview Question – "What is 13 times 14?"   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2013.

Interview Details – first round: MCQs on aptitude and technical followed by a couple of programs and an essay on 'why I am the best fit for GS'
second round: Group Discussion on a given situation the group is put.
The second round is followed by interviews.During the interview process the candidate's resume is studied by the interviewers and a lot of questions were asked on it.

Interview Question – Explain certain OOPS concept (which they will decide) without using technical terms?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Question – Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Tree traversal.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – The hiring rounds are competitive and lengthy in terms of time taken for the interviews. They are also interesting and challenging with some questions such as - How would you sell water?. Overall an amazing interview experience

Interview Question – How would you sell water?   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!