Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Many rounds. Met almost everyone on the desk.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

HR Round followed by 4 other rounds with different stakeholders in the Dept.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Technical questions medium to high level. They ask for your willingness to learn and adapt. experience new cultures. Need good(excellent) communication skills. You can't do your job anyways if your communication skills are poor

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs? Why not Google, Microsoft or Oracle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was a campus hire. Not much of negotiation there. But the offer was pretty good as is.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2008.

Interview

The selection process comprised of numerous rounds beginning with a written test which tested logical reasoning, attention to detail and English proficiency skills. If the candidate passed this step, the next stage was the HR interview followed by an interview with a manager from one of the teams within the firm and lastly a final interview with a senior VP. At each stage there was elimination and only the selected candidates who got through all rounds made it to the final round and then ultimately got selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to take up a job with Goldman Sachs? What do you think you will achieve through this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Candidates need to be flexible with the shift timings and also need to have a good understanding of the company and the markets. Preparing a set of good questions to ask the interviewer will surely take you a long way.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

3 rounds, 1st round HR, 2nd round associate and final round VP

Interview Questions

• Questions on the future plans and your learning apatite and questions to see if you suite the companies work culture   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Interview

1.Resume shortlisting 2. 1st round interview with Senior analysts / Associates 3. 2nd round interview with VP (No HR round)

Interview Questions

• Questions generally related to accounting concepts, valuation, summer internship & a few guesstimates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview focused on team work, leadership, and self initiative

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a team member who didn't cooperate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

Interview

1)phone interview and then onsite interviews 3 with each team interviews were mostly technical with basic HR like why this company and why financial sector etc. People were friendly and knowledgeable

Interview Questions

• 1)find loop in linked list 2)virtual functions 3) multithreading, process, thread definitions 4) why GS? why financial sector   Answer Question
    • 1)diff between set list 2)design ATM machine 3)call by value and call by reference 4)advantages java and c++   Answer Question
    • 1)bubble sort, merge sort, quick sort complexities 2)why GS what do u know about GS 3)explain stock bond, derivative   Answer Question
    • 1)find a value in BinarySearchTree, 2)Print elements in level order 3)diff between set, list   2 Answers