Goldman Sachs

Updated Jan 25, 2015

3.4

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2012.

Got PPO after internship. Internship interview primarily focused on basic coding and resume based questions. Coding part was on the easier side with sorting, merging etc. Aptitude consisted of permutations and combinations questions and some standard puzzles easily available online. Inshort, nothing out of the box and steady preparation will get you through.

Interview Questions
  • A puzzle : "How will you measure the weight of an aeroplane without actually weighing one?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Hiring through college. There were 3 interview rounds. the first was hr and the rest 2 were technical. It was very tough, the questions asked were random, although most were about whatever was written in the resume. However it was very interesting and dint seem lengthy even though it went on for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. However there were atleast 2 questions asked for every 1 answered.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and got a phone interview in a month.
    At first just routine questions like why you applied this job, and what other jobs you've applied.
    He asked me if I have banking background and asked me what investment is.
    How many barbers do we need in U.S?
    And he asked me to solve an ODE.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me after one month. The first round was a video interview. My interviewer was very friendly and asked a lot of questions related to my resume. I was invited to Super Day one week after that.
    Super Day consisted of two back to back interviews at their office. Each was thirty minutes.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

phone interview, Super day. Very short found out within a week after super day I was hired. Had to wait two months to start. Super day was very easy 4, 30 minute interviews all straight forward questions. Nothing difficult.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2011.

I had 4 interviews. Two were in person from New York and two were via video conference with two individuals each time. The interviews tested my understanding of the role, industry, and expectations.

Interview Questions
    • What's your understanding on the current industry? Describe recent events to demonstrate your interest.   Answer Question
    I went through a fellowship where the salary was already determined on a range.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Standard online application with SHL tests followed by an assessment day involving more tests, a group exercise, a one on one (more on that in a second), a panel interview and tea and coffee. Not a bad experience but the coffee was a little weak for a top investment bank. I would also avoid the tuna sandwiches and stick to the roast beef, I think they had horse radish in there somewhere so probably best that you bring some kind of mint before the interview stages. Got offered the job but turned it down following an unfortunate encounter with a member of HR which in turn has forced me to sign my name as a registered sex offender.

Interview Questions
    • Some tricky mental arithmetic questions during interview stages such as 9^4.   Answer Question

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

Analyst Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Two technical phone interviews. Started out with basic questions; talk about your resume, yourself, favorite classes etc. Followed with technical questions, mainly programming. Both interviews based on one or two "core" problems. After successfully answering them they asked for finer details on the answers, how to further optimize, confidence intervals, etc

Interview Questions
    • using the basic programming methods, for, while, if, random number generator and arithmetic to calculate some sequence or mathematical constant.   Answer Question