Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.4

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Initial phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews- each round consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions- I had anticipated the tricky questions, but mostly, it was a pleasant conversation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

pretty standard interviews. spoke with almost everyone in the team. Goldman focuses on team work so character matters a lot, of course you have to be a qualified candidate first. It was overall a very positive interview experience. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and nice. It was a very long process, round by round. Be prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

email, contacted by MD, brought in to disucss resume

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you don't get this position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

I went through one on-campus interview (two interviewers) - only behavioral questions and questions related to my interest in the company & position
    Second round was in the office - interviews with about 6 people, primarily behavioral questions and some questions about the markets

No negotiation possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Long but good.

Tough but fair.

Analyst Interview

First round: asked behavioral questions such as how you work in a team. How do you think are unqualified for the position? what makes you qualified? Explain the yield curve and how it applies directly to investors? Explain a time when you handled conflict?

Interview Questions
    • What could you have done better in the last interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

The interview was scheduled through the university career service. Additionally, the application is completed by submitting the resume and other personal data through the company's career sites. The interview took almost 20-30 minutes. It was taken by two interviewers; VP and the manager from a department.

Interview Questions
    • Which accounting concept you did not like the most during the undergraduate course? Explain that concept.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.