Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Interview

Intense. Requires careful preparation. Seek feedback through mock interviews before superday. Have conviction.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are derivatives of questions on prep guides. I was asked how to solve the European crisis, which was expected. The surprise was the detailed follow-up on nuances. It was basically a pressure session.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews- each round consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions- I had anticipated the tricky questions, but mostly, it was a pleasant conversation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

pretty standard interviews. spoke with almost everyone in the team. Goldman focuses on team work so character matters a lot, of course you have to be a qualified candidate first. It was overall a very positive interview experience. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and nice. It was a very long process, round by round. Be prepared.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

email, contacted by MD, brought in to disucss resume

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you don't get this position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I went through one on-campus interview (two interviewers) - only behavioral questions and questions related to my interest in the company & position
    Second round was in the office - interviews with about 6 people, primarily behavioral questions and some questions about the markets

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Long but good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough but fair.

Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: asked behavioral questions such as how you work in a team. How do you think are unqualified for the position? what makes you qualified? Explain the yield curve and how it applies directly to investors? Explain a time when you handled conflict?

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better in the last interview?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question