Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Tree traversal.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Long but good.

Interview Question – There were too many to count.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough but fair.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting - two rounds of phone interviews followed by a super day - which is a series of about six interviews. Offers were made quickly but they never reimbursed my travel cost.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Question – Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – First round: asked behavioral questions such as how you work in a team. How do you think are unqualified for the position? what makes you qualified? Explain the yield curve and how it applies directly to investors? Explain a time when you handled conflict?

Interview Question – What could you have done better in the last interview?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled through the university career service. Additionally, the application is completed by submitting the resume and other personal data through the company's career sites. The interview took almost 20-30 minutes. It was taken by two interviewers; VP and the manager from a department.

Interview Question – Which accounting concept you did not like the most during the undergraduate course? Explain that concept.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 4 phone interview and then a in-person group interview

Interview Question – Asked about current metrics and analytics used.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Generic questions about internships and academic experience

Interview Question – Rank risk customer experience and performance in order of importance   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs