Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

first round: MCQs on aptitude and technical followed by a couple of programs and an essay on 'why I am the best fit for GS'
second round: Group Discussion on a given situation the group is put.
The second round is followed by interviews.During the interview process the candidate's resume is studied by the interviewers and a lot of questions were asked on it.

Interview Questions

• Explain certain OOPS concept (which they will decide) without using technical terms?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The hiring rounds are competitive and lengthy in terms of time taken for the interviews. They are also interesting and challenging with some questions such as - How would you sell water?. Overall an amazing interview experience

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2012.

Interview

initial interview was conducted at delhi and then all it was online, got thru within three rounds

Interview Questions

• Do not remember at the moment but it was related to case study.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1.Resume shortlisting 2. 1st round interview with Senior analysts / Associates 3. 2nd round interview with VP (No HR round)

Interview Questions

• Questions generally related to accounting concepts, valuation, summer internship & a few guesstimates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

3 rounds, 1st round HR, 2nd round associate and final round VP

Interview Questions

• Questions on the future plans and your learning apatite and questions to see if you suite the companies work culture   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to the office. Had four interviews. Was told that I would be contacted in the next couple weeks. One of the gents was not very personable, looked angry and not interested to be at the interview. I found the whole process to be interesting, the building is large and amazing. I would have preferred the New York office.

Not enough money.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2012.

Interview

First round of interviews with 2 groups of interviewers, the first one was to talk about yourself, the basic fit questions. The second one asked slightly more technical stuff about investment banking as I came from an engineering background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the recent problems in investment banking.   Answer Question