Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions
  • explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Two technical phone interviews. Started out with basic questions; talk about your resume, yourself, favorite classes etc. Followed with technical questions, mainly programming. Both interviews based on one or two "core" problems. After successfully answering them they asked for finer details on the answers, how to further optimize, confidence intervals, etc

Interview Questions
    • using the basic programming methods, for, while, if, random number generator and arithmetic to calculate some sequence or mathematical constant.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question
    Waiting for my final interview date.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2014.

Contacted by HR 3 weeks after resume submitted online. Two interviews with HR mangers then brought in for on site interviews. 6 onsite in person interviews lasting a minimum of an hour. All 1v1 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and got an e-mail inviting me for a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a member of the team I'd be involved with. The questions were mostly behavioral. They asked about ethical dilemmas, how you work in a team, etc. Two weeks later, I was contacted for a second round interview. They flew me out to Salt Lake City where the interview was only an hour long. I had half hour sessions with two senior members, so four people total. The questions again were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was being asked to teach them a concept in accounting and teach them a concept in finance.   Answer Question

I had a much better offer already and I didn't feel like I would fit in well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

I went through one on-campus interview (two interviewers) - only behavioral questions and questions related to my interest in the company & position
    Second round was in the office - interviews with about 6 people, primarily behavioral questions and some questions about the markets

No negotiation possible

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

applied through campus website. first round phone interview with two people. 12 rounds of interview on super-day with two people each round. so in total i met 24 people in the division on that day. some people are nice and some are not. it was for a quant position so there was no behavioral questions at all.

Analyst Interview

I was sent Immediately to "super day".... through networking.

5 interviews in Chicago office 7AM - Noon. Ranged from VPs to new hires.

Awesome facility. The experienced professionals were awesome. Younger analysts seemed awkward & overworked.

I am not a finance major, so questions were more market based/behavioral based/etc.... Nothing too complex. If you watch the news/follows the WSJ you should be fine understanding the questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work at a company where you will have no life?"   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates