Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through the university career service. Additionally, the application is completed by submitting the resume and other personal data through the company's career sites. The interview took almost 20-30 minutes. It was taken by two interviewers; VP and the manager from a department.

Interview Questions

• Which accounting concept you did not like the most during the undergraduate course? Explain that concept.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Interview

I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

4 phone interview and then a in-person group interview

Analyst Interview

Interview

Generic questions about internships and academic experience

Interview Questions

• Rank risk customer experience and performance in order of importance   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple round interviews with dozens of contacts.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Sent in my resume for the analyst position, was contacted by hr via email fairly quickly to set up a phone interview. I sent back my availability and they responded with the interview date and time within a day. Had the phone interview that same week with a would-be junior team member. He asked typical questions like walk me through your resume and strengths/weaknesses. Two days after I was emailed again by hr to set up an in person interview. Was set up with an interview that same week lasting an hour and a half. Half an hour for each interview. First met with two people, the manager and a team member. Then two more team members right after that, and one more team member after that. Mostly easy going interviews after the first one. Manager was really hard to read and didn't seem very personable.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team over someone who has more of a finance background?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had 2 half hour interviews 2-on-1 with one interviewer doing most of the questioning and the other watching intently. Very hard to tell what the silent one was thinking and very nerve racking. Most of the questions were about my past experiences and how I solved problems. The questions that threw me off were the more personal questions like who is my idol. Maybe not the hardest question but I just wasn't expecting it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

submitted resume at an oncampus hiring event - got a call for first round interview, 30 mins 2 on 1 interview, resume based, little technical based on resume and experience. after 2 weeks got call for second round. Had 3 1 on 1 interviews, resume based, but will go in depth.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, nothing too crazy. Behavioral type questions for the most part, and like 2 technical questions. Applied online, and made it to superday, now just waiting to hear results in the next few days. They will grill you on your resume, so be on point.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

FIrst interview round was back to back interview for 30 mins each. Second round interview with VPs.