Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

submitted resume at an oncampus hiring event - got a call for first round interview, 30 mins 2 on 1 interview, resume based, little technical based on resume and experience. after 2 weeks got call for second round. Had 3 1 on 1 interviews, resume based, but will go in depth.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Pretty basic interview, nothing too crazy. Behavioral type questions for the most part, and like 2 technical questions. Applied online, and made it to superday, now just waiting to hear results in the next few days. They will grill you on your resume, so be on point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2012.

FIrst interview round was back to back interview for 30 mins each. Second round interview with VPs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2012.

Applied online, was invited to the office. Had four interviews. Was told that I would be contacted in the next couple weeks. One of the gents was not very personable, looked angry and not interested to be at the interview. I found the whole process to be interesting, the building is large and amazing. I would have preferred the New York office.

Not enough money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

2 hour interview - first round with 2 people second round with the hiring region's manager. First round went great with typical questions. Second round went terribly as I was being interviewed for my technical experience and she didnt know anything about DBs. They were implementing a new data warehouse and I attempted to prove my knowledge on the matter she informed me I was being abrasive. I guess don't be smarter than the interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

intense, on campus then super day, mostly fit

Interview Questions
    • mostly fit, some technical stuff, nothing unexpected if you prepared   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Interview focused on team work, leadership, and self initiative

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team member who didn't cooperate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Got an email to attend the Information Session and then an interview

Interview Questions
    • Background Interview and some data structure questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging