Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Pretty tough interview. They had us actually do calculations on site. It was sort of a group interview and there were multiple interviewers. Eventually they split us into groups and then individuals. The test was hard because I hadn't done those types of calculations and graphs since my sophomore year in college.

Interview Questions

• Please calculate the present value of this 10 year bond.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

There was an initial resume submission to the company, followed by email acceptance 2 weeks later. A two hour overview of the company, followed by a networking sessiong with hiring managers. the next day there was two interviews each with two hiring managers.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2008.

Interview

Some hard interview questions. Mainly, "what would you do if....." questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Be prepared. Also, I was teamed with two people - one was certainly the "nice cop" role, the other the "bad cop" role (i.e. didn't look up from her blackberry or otherwise acknowledge me when I walked in and for the first few moments)

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

Got an email to attend the Information Session and then an interview

Interview Questions

• Background Interview and some data structure questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2010.

Interview

They sit pretty high and mighty so don't be surprised if they talk down to you. The questions were extremely difficult ones that are very technical and irrelevant once you're actually working in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What would you value the cost of debt as for 3M   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview focused on team work, leadership, and self initiative

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a team member who didn't cooperate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

Interview

1)phone interview and then onsite interviews 3 with each team
    interviews were mostly technical with basic HR like why this company and why financial sector etc.
    People were friendly and knowledgeable

Interview Questions

• 1)find loop in linked list
      2)virtual functions

2)Print elements in level order
      3)diff between set, list

2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call meant to determine my knowledge about the company. They asked me questions about the company, my previous knowledge, point of views, etc. I was later called in for a one on one interview. The lady was very nice. She asked me about my interests but warned that the interview was not the only factor to determine an offer. We talked about schooling, interactions with people in general and personality questions. She later asked a question about how I would escape from a blender if I was the size of a pencil, and the number of ping pong ball that would fit in her office. I was a bit dumbstruck but I answered to my best.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in this room?   1 Answer
    • If you were the size of a pencil, how would you escape from a blender.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

- online application and results 2 months later. Traditional cv sections to fill out and additional open ended questions such as:
    When did you last work in a group where you had to work hard to try and influence others? Describe the situation and the challenges you encountered.
    Please describe the most recent crisis you’ve faced in an important project and how you overcame this.
    Please describe a recent example of when you took the initiative to do something that needed to
    be done, even though it wasn’t your area of responsibility.
     - 1 day interview consisting of numerical and verbal reasoning tests and interviewed by two staff members; competency based and questions to do with my course.
    The company was very responsive throughout the whole process. Good feedback given after assessment.