Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2010.

They sit pretty high and mighty so don't be surprised if they talk down to you. The questions were extremely difficult ones that are very technical and irrelevant once you're actually working in the industry.

Interview Questions
  • What would you value the cost of debt as for 3M   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Interview focused on team work, leadership, and self initiative

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team member who didn't cooperate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

1)phone interview and then onsite interviews 3 with each team
    interviews were mostly technical with basic HR like why this company and why financial sector etc.
    People were friendly and knowledgeable

Interview Questions
    • 1)find loop in linked list
      2)virtual functions
      2)Print elements in level order
      3)diff between set, list
        View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

I received a phone call meant to determine my knowledge about the company. They asked me questions about the company, my previous knowledge, point of views, etc. I was later called in for a one on one interview. The lady was very nice. She asked me about my interests but warned that the interview was not the only factor to determine an offer. We talked about schooling, interactions with people in general and personality questions. She later asked a question about how I would escape from a blender if I was the size of a pencil, and the number of ping pong ball that would fit in her office. I was a bit dumbstruck but I answered to my best.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls fit in this room?   View Answer
    • If you were the size of a pencil, how would you escape from a blender.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

- online application and results 2 months later. Traditional cv sections to fill out and additional open ended questions such as:
    When did you last work in a group where you had to work hard to try and influence others? Describe the situation and the challenges you encountered.
    Please describe the most recent crisis you’ve faced in an important project and how you overcame this.
    Please describe a recent example of when you took the initiative to do something that needed to
    be done, even though it wasn’t your area of responsibility.
     - 1 day interview consisting of numerical and verbal reasoning tests and interviewed by two staff members; competency based and questions to do with my course.
    The company was very responsive throughout the whole process. Good feedback given after assessment.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

one interview on campus, and one super day interview.

Very basic for the fit questions (introduce yourself, why are you interested in the position you are applying, what kind of work do you expect, ...)

A lot of technical and mathematical questions: Probability, Options related questions (futures, forwards), basic programming questions

People are very encouraging and give hints along the way to solve problems

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2012.

Basics of finance asked with an emphasis on derivatives and fixed income concepts.

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

Very arrogant interviewer who was out there to undermine people in every interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do an LBO - lets say for a big oil refinery. You do finance right?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

I was interviewed for Sybase position. They had 3 telephonic interviews followed by 6 1:1 interviews on site.

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2008.

its a very detailed process and comprehensive. it challenges the way you think and you meet at least 4 to 5 interviewers who are looking for different things in you. it is a great experience and my advice would be to be be yourself and enjoy the entire process.