Goldman Sachs

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Average Difficulty
86 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – First round: asked behavioral questions such as how you work in a team. How do you think are unqualified for the position? what makes you qualified? Explain the yield curve and how it applies directly to investors? Explain a time when you handled conflict?

Interview Question – What could you have done better in the last interview?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Question – Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled through the university career service. Additionally, the application is completed by submitting the resume and other personal data through the company's career sites. The interview took almost 20-30 minutes. It was taken by two interviewers; VP and the manager from a department.

Interview Question – Which accounting concept you did not like the most during the undergraduate course? Explain that concept.   View Answer

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – The first round consist of 2 separate interviews, each 20 mins long with 2 interviewers from the operations department. The interview is more behavioral based. They want to find out more about you and see your fit with the position and how you answer their questions. Some qns include why goldman sachs, why ops, what do we do in your opinion, tell me a time where your team had some conflict and how did you resolve it....

Interview Question – Why do you see yourself in 3 years time in terms of your career?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – HR Round followed by 4 other rounds with different stakeholders in the Dept.

Interview Question – Finance Related Questions   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2013.

Interview Details – first round: MCQs on aptitude and technical followed by a couple of programs and an essay on 'why I am the best fit for GS'
second round: Group Discussion on a given situation the group is put.
The second round is followed by interviews.During the interview process the candidate's resume is studied by the interviewers and a lot of questions were asked on it.

Interview Question – Explain certain OOPS concept (which they will decide) without using technical terms?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had 10+ interviews - attended in person interviews on one day and several telephonic rounds

Interview Question – Interviews were resume based, with emphasis on questions about fit   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - offer was as expected

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – 4 phone interview and then a in-person group interview

Interview Question – Asked about current metrics and analytics used.   Answer Question