Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2012.

Applied online, was invited to the office. Had four interviews. Was told that I would be contacted in the next couple weeks. One of the gents was not very personable, looked angry and not interested to be at the interview. I found the whole process to be interesting, the building is large and amazing. I would have preferred the New York office.

Not enough money.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

2 hour interview - first round with 2 people second round with the hiring region's manager. First round went great with typical questions. Second round went terribly as I was being interviewed for my technical experience and she didnt know anything about DBs. They were implementing a new data warehouse and I attempted to prove my knowledge on the matter she informed me I was being abrasive. I guess don't be smarter than the interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

intense, on campus then super day, mostly fit

Interview Questions
    • mostly fit, some technical stuff, nothing unexpected if you prepared   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Interview focused on team work, leadership, and self initiative

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team member who didn't cooperate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Got an email to attend the Information Session and then an interview

Interview Questions
    • Background Interview and some data structure questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2010.

There was an initial resume submission to the company, followed by email acceptance 2 weeks later. A two hour overview of the company, followed by a networking sessiong with hiring managers. the next day there was two interviews each with two hiring managers.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

applied through campus website. first round phone interview with two people. 12 rounds of interview on super-day with two people each round. so in total i met 24 people in the division on that day. some people are nice and some are not. it was for a quant position so there was no behavioral questions at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

Campus recruiting - two rounds of phone interviews followed by a super day - which is a series of about six interviews. Offers were made quickly but they never reimbursed my travel cost.