Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.4

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2008.

its a very detailed process and comprehensive. it challenges the way you think and you meet at least 4 to 5 interviewers who are looking for different things in you. it is a great experience and my advice would be to be be yourself and enjoy the entire process.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2009.

The interview process was very well structured and organised. The focus is more on attitude, capability and interpersonal skills. They do not spend much time in asking technical questions unless the interviewee pushes the conversation in that direction.

Impossible, what they offer is final

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2008.

The selection process comprised of numerous rounds beginning with a written test which tested logical reasoning, attention to detail and English proficiency skills. If the candidate passed this step, the next stage was the HR interview followed by an interview with a manager from one of the teams within the firm and lastly a final interview with a senior VP. At each stage there was elimination and only the selected candidates who got through all rounds made it to the final round and then ultimately got selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to take up a job with Goldman Sachs? What do you think you will achieve through this job?   View Answer
    Candidates need to be flexible with the shift timings and also need to have a good understanding of the company and the markets. Preparing a set of good questions to ask the interviewer will surely take you a long way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2011.

Technical questions medium to high level.
    They ask for your willingness to learn and adapt. experience new cultures.
    Need good(excellent) communication skills. You can't do your job anyways if your communication skills are poor

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman Sachs? Why not Google, Microsoft or Oracle?   View Answer
    I was a campus hire. Not much of negotiation there. But the offer was pretty good as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2009.

First a HR interview on phone. Then 2 F2F technical interviews. And finally another technical/personal interview by onshore manager from London, who was visiting the India office. All cleared & got an offer within couple of weeks. Package seemed reasonable, so accepted it. Whole process was over in less than 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Find a 10 digit number such that each digit represents the number of times the position of the digit in the number, starting from 0 upto 9, appears in the number.   View Answers (3)
    I wanted compensation for stock options too, so was given some stock in compensating what I was losing at my previous company, although with lesser stock than I had.
    Their offer was final & didn't seem open for any negotiations, take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

round 1 on phone with stafffer, round 2 in office with associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2009.

I was hired through campus, and there 5 rounds of interview. First was general and then it became more technical about the job. The last interview was on-site at the office and it was more specific to the role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Its application to the gradudate Analyst program at GS FICC department. Completed several online tests beforehand. Took around 3 months to receive invitation to phone interview with one of the teams in FICC. At interview, hiring manager was very busy and that the phone interview only lasts for 30 mins. questions mainly going through the CV

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

They shortlisted my cv based on grades. I got a call, 10-15 days before written test and Interview. written test was easy ( maths, English, essay ). then there was HR round.
    tell me about ur self?
    what u know about GS

Interview Questions
    • there were 3-4 rounds of technical round who cleared H.R round.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2009.

one on one interview for 30 mins. 4 in total