Goldman Sachs

Tough but fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

Campus recruiting - two rounds of phone interviews followed by a super day - which is a series of about six interviews. Offers were made quickly but they never reimbursed my travel cost.

Analyst Interview

The interview process for the post of analyst in the above company was a very well structured interview process with many rounds of interview. Questions related to personal life, leadership skills, team building and suitability to culture are prominent types. Knowledge of current affairs and about the company plays a major role too.

Analyst Interview

First round: asked behavioral questions such as how you work in a team. How do you think are unqualified for the position? what makes you qualified? Explain the yield curve and how it applies directly to investors? Explain a time when you handled conflict?

Interview Questions
    • What could you have done better in the last interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

The interview was scheduled through the university career service. Additionally, the application is completed by submitting the resume and other personal data through the company's career sites. The interview took almost 20-30 minutes. It was taken by two interviewers; VP and the manager from a department.

Interview Questions
    • Which accounting concept you did not like the most during the undergraduate course? Explain that concept.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

The first round consist of 2 separate interviews, each 20 mins long with 2 interviewers from the operations department. The interview is more behavioral based. They want to find out more about you and see your fit with the position and how you answer their questions. Some qns include why goldman sachs, why ops, what do we do in your opinion, tell me a time where your team had some conflict and how did you resolve it....

Interview Questions
    • Why do you see yourself in 3 years time in terms of your career?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

HR Round followed by 4 other rounds with different stakeholders in the Dept.