Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Many questions about education, future work desires and interests. Asked about friends in the business, where they were working, what I had heard about GS. Wanted to know how many manholes were in NY. They wanted me to analyze the concept rather than answer the question. It was a bit odd. The interviewer told me about his schooling and asked about mine at Yale. Overall, a good process during which I learned a great deal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and the entire process took about an hour. There were two separate interviews with different managers. The first interview was with about 3 managers and they asked standard interview questions. Nothing too surprising. Then they left and 3 new managers came in a few minutes later and asked their own set of questions. They were all friendly and the questions weren't too hard. Overall a good experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made something more efficient Describe a time where you were challenged at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Super Saturday interview rounds was intense. Asked a lot of questions about financial statements and GAAP accounting as well as brain teasers, WACC, and valuation. Be prepared for the culture questions as well. GS prides itself on it's culture of excellence. It would behoove you to read up on the culture and identify ways in which you embody this culture already.

Interview Questions

• Do you have to tax a DCF valuation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Culture fit/behavioural type questions as well as finance knowledge tested. Walked them through CV and past internship experience as well as relevant college EC's (finance club). A few brainteaser/logic questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and not other equally qualified applicants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

intense, on campus then super day, mostly fit

Interview Questions

• mostly fit, some technical stuff, nothing unexpected if you prepared   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview focused on team work, leadership, and self initiative

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a team member who didn't cooperate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

Got an email to attend the Information Session and then an interview

Interview Questions

• Background Interview and some data structure questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2010.

Interview

There was an initial resume submission to the company, followed by email acceptance 2 weeks later. A two hour overview of the company, followed by a networking sessiong with hiring managers. the next day there was two interviews each with two hiring managers.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Interview

applied through campus website. first round phone interview with two people. 12 rounds of interview on super-day with two people each round. so in total i met 24 people in the division on that day. some people are nice and some are not. it was for a quant position so there was no behavioral questions at all.