Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.4

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

Be prepared. Also, I was teamed with two people - one was certainly the "nice cop" role, the other the "bad cop" role (i.e. didn't look up from her blackberry or otherwise acknowledge me when I walked in and for the first few moments)

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

I was interviewed by two people together for 30 minutes. They were really nice and I felt that they were interested to getting to know the junior people they brought in for interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral, and a large portion was about my personaility and teamwork spirits. I am a foreign student, and they specifically asked me about my experience in adapting to the American culture. They were also very open and honest to the questions I asked.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most interesting business idea you've ever read/heard about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2009.

Flied to Sydney for a 1:1 job interview. position based in NY United States. The interviewer basically focused on the points I wrote in my CV and particularly interested in any activities related to finance and business. I did a lot of research on GS the week before and occasionally raised questions regarding GS's workforce diversification and women in GS. And the interviewer was impressed. Also remember to keep talking about the latest news you find out about the company and ask questions if you got anything interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about the M&A competition you participated and what was the synergy you found out about the two companies.   Answer Question

Changed my mind not to work in IB and got a better offer which locates closer to my family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2009.

The online application was really long, and the word limit on the cover letter made it really challenging. I was told that there was only going to be a behavioral interview but they gave me a case study during the first round interview, which caught me by surprise.

Interview Questions
    • Business case- how to solve some technical computer problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2009.

Pretty tough interview. They had us actually do calculations on site. It was sort of a group interview and there were multiple interviewers. Eventually they split us into groups and then individuals. The test was hard because I hadn't done those types of calculations and graphs since my sophomore year in college.

Interview Questions
    • Please calculate the present value of this 10 year bond.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2008.

Had one interview with one young analyst and one experienced analyst. Asked "why are you interested in our company and what can you bring?" types of questions. Seemed to be looking for people that didn't stand out and didn't have too much of a unique personality, judging by my friends' rejections as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you right for this job instead of the other people we have interviewed?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Standard online application with SHL tests followed by an assessment day involving more tests, a group exercise, a one on one (more on that in a second), a panel interview and tea and coffee. Not a bad experience but the coffee was a little weak for a top investment bank. I would also avoid the tuna sandwiches and stick to the roast beef, I think they had horse radish in there somewhere so probably best that you bring some kind of mint before the interview stages. Got offered the job but turned it down following an unfortunate encounter with a member of HR which in turn has forced me to sign my name as a registered sex offender.

Interview Questions
    • Some tricky mental arithmetic questions during interview stages such as 9^4.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question
    Waiting for my final interview date.

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates