Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2009.

I was hired through campus, and there 5 rounds of interview. First was general and then it became more technical about the job. The last interview was on-site at the office and it was more specific to the role.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trichy (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2012.

This was as normal interview not very tough. But we need to know the complete details about the institution and its core functions. Goldman sachs recruits people only of high standards and they expect financial knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Read about the company before you attend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2012.

FIrst interview round was back to back interview for 30 mins each. Second round interview with VPs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2009.

First a HR interview on phone. Then 2 F2F technical interviews. And finally another technical/personal interview by onshore manager from London, who was visiting the India office. All cleared & got an offer within couple of weeks. Package seemed reasonable, so accepted it. Whole process was over in less than 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Find a 10 digit number such that each digit represents the number of times the position of the digit in the number, starting from 0 upto 9, appears in the number.   View Answers (3)
    I wanted compensation for stock options too, so was given some stock in compensating what I was losing at my previous company, although with lesser stock than I had.
    Their offer was final & didn't seem open for any negotiations, take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

Used campus recruiting to get interview. Four rounds of interviews in one day, with 2 or more interviewers in each round. Interviewers were friendly but straightforward with their questions. They seemed to prefer concise answers.

The people I encountered seemed pretty down-to-earth, and the culture/environment was surprisingly low-key (as opposed to the stereotype of cut-throat, isolated, and fast-paced environments associated with some firms).

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

They shortlisted my cv based on grades. I got a call, 10-15 days before written test and Interview. written test was easy ( maths, English, essay ). then there was HR round.
    tell me about ur self?
    what u know about GS

Interview Questions
    • there were 3-4 rounds of technical round who cleared H.R round.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

submitted resume at an oncampus hiring event - got a call for first round interview, 30 mins 2 on 1 interview, resume based, little technical based on resume and experience. after 2 weeks got call for second round. Had 3 1 on 1 interviews, resume based, but will go in depth.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Sent in my resume for the analyst position, was contacted by hr via email fairly quickly to set up a phone interview. I sent back my availability and they responded with the interview date and time within a day. Had the phone interview that same week with a would-be junior team member. He asked typical questions like walk me through your resume and strengths/weaknesses. Two days after I was emailed again by hr to set up an in person interview. Was set up with an interview that same week lasting an hour and a half. Half an hour for each interview. First met with two people, the manager and a team member. Then two more team members right after that, and one more team member after that. Mostly easy going interviews after the first one. Manager was really hard to read and didn't seem very personable.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the team over someone who has more of a finance background?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

4 phone interview and then a in-person group interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Had 10+ interviews - attended in person interviews on one day and several telephonic rounds

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were resume based, with emphasis on questions about fit   Answer Question
    None - offer was as expected