Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in February 2009.

Interview

I was hired through campus, and there 5 rounds of interview. First was general and then it became more technical about the job. The last interview was on-site at the office and it was more specific to the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Its application to the gradudate Analyst program at GS FICC department. Completed several online tests beforehand. Took around 3 months to receive invitation to phone interview with one of the teams in FICC. At interview, hiring manager was very busy and that the phone interview only lasts for 30 mins. questions mainly going through the CV

Interview Questions

• what do you know about FICC   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Interview

They shortlisted my cv based on grades. I got a call, 10-15 days before written test and Interview. written test was easy ( maths, English, essay ). then there was HR round.
    tell me about ur self?
    what u know about GS

Interview Questions

• there were 3-4 rounds of technical round who cleared H.R round.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2009.

Interview

one on one interview for 30 mins. 4 in total

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2009.

Interview

There was a 3 person interview where you meet managers from different departments. The first two interviews went extremely well with a positive outcome. The problem was the third interview with a very mean and bitter women. The entire interview she would not look at me and instead focused on her team outside her office. I felt as if I was just a bother for her to be dealing with. There was a follow-up call, but I declined to proceed further.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2010.

Interview

It was on-campus interview. There were 2 interviewer, one was a vice president of this department and another one was a newly jointed. They basically went through my resume and asked the details of ur past project/internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a team and met some challenge, but finally worked out.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2009.

Interview

The online application was really long, and the word limit on the cover letter made it really challenging. I was told that there was only going to be a behavioral interview but they gave me a case study during the first round interview, which caught me by surprise.

Interview Questions

• Business case- how to solve some technical computer problem   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people together for 30 minutes. They were really nice and I felt that they were interested to getting to know the junior people they brought in for interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral, and a large portion was about my personaility and teamwork spirits. I am a foreign student, and they specifically asked me about my experience in adapting to the American culture. They were also very open and honest to the questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting business idea you've ever read/heard about?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2010.

Interview

Got the call form the company enquring my interest and then called for the interview.

Interview Questions

• what made you change your carrer track   1 Answer
    • why did you leave the home town job   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Had one interview with one young analyst and one experienced analyst. Asked "why are you interested in our company and what can you bring?" types of questions. Seemed to be looking for people that didn't stand out and didn't have too much of a unique personality, judging by my friends' rejections as well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this job instead of the other people we have interviewed?   1 Answer