Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

87 interviews

3.4

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2012.

First round of interviews with 2 groups of interviewers, the first one was to talk about yourself, the basic fit questions. The second one asked slightly more technical stuff about investment banking as I came from an engineering background.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the recent problems in investment banking.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

2 hour interview - first round with 2 people second round with the hiring region's manager. First round went great with typical questions. Second round went terribly as I was being interviewed for my technical experience and she didnt know anything about DBs. They were implementing a new data warehouse and I attempted to prove my knowledge on the matter she informed me I was being abrasive. I guess don't be smarter than the interviewer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trichy (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2012.

This was as normal interview not very tough. But we need to know the complete details about the institution and its core functions. Goldman sachs recruits people only of high standards and they expect financial knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Read about the company before you attend.

All 1 on 1 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Depreciation increases by 10 how does that affect all 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2012.

FIrst interview round was back to back interview for 30 mins each. Second round interview with VPs.

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2012.

Applied online, was invited to the office. Had four interviews. Was told that I would be contacted in the next couple weeks. One of the gents was not very personable, looked angry and not interested to be at the interview. I found the whole process to be interesting, the building is large and amazing. I would have preferred the New York office.

Not enough money.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through web portal with CV and cover letter.
    HR invited me for multiple rounds with a couple of 2 to 1 interviews.
    Questions asked related to previous experiences, as well as personal attributes, including ethics, teamwork, and personal goals.
    Interview process was well conducted and HR was always very cordial and professional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2009.

I was hired through campus, and there 5 rounds of interview. First was general and then it became more technical about the job. The last interview was on-site at the office and it was more specific to the role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

round 1 on phone with stafffer, round 2 in office with associates

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 Rounds of Interview. Main focus, it appeared, was to see if the candidate can be a team player or not.
    They dont high-fi knowledge w.r.t Financial services industry. They would just like to see if you have the basic knowledge of it and if you are confident of your basics.

Interview Questions
    • How do you want to see yourself after 3-5 years?   View Answer