Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.4

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2013.

first round: MCQs on aptitude and technical followed by a couple of programs and an essay on 'why I am the best fit for GS'
second round: Group Discussion on a given situation the group is put.
The second round is followed by interviews.During the interview process the candidate's resume is studied by the interviewers and a lot of questions were asked on it.

Interview Questions
  • Explain certain OOPS concept (which they will decide) without using technical terms?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Had 10+ interviews - attended in person interviews on one day and several telephonic rounds

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were resume based, with emphasis on questions about fit   Answer Question
    None - offer was as expected

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

4 phone interview and then a in-person group interview

Analyst Interview

Generic questions about internships and academic experience

Interview Questions
    • Rank risk customer experience and performance in order of importance   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

1.Resume shortlisting 2. 1st round interview with Senior analysts / Associates 3. 2nd round interview with VP (No HR round)

Interview Questions
    • Questions generally related to accounting concepts, valuation, summer internship & a few guesstimates.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Multiple round interviews with dozens of contacts.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Sent in my resume for the analyst position, was contacted by hr via email fairly quickly to set up a phone interview. I sent back my availability and they responded with the interview date and time within a day. Had the phone interview that same week with a would-be junior team member. He asked typical questions like walk me through your resume and strengths/weaknesses. Two days after I was emailed again by hr to set up an in person interview. Was set up with an interview that same week lasting an hour and a half. Half an hour for each interview. First met with two people, the manager and a team member. Then two more team members right after that, and one more team member after that. Mostly easy going interviews after the first one. Manager was really hard to read and didn't seem very personable.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the team over someone who has more of a finance background?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Many rounds. Met almost everyone on the desk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2009.

3 rounds, 1st round HR, 2nd round associate and final round VP

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the future plans and your learning apatite and questions to see if you suite the companies work culture   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had 2 half hour interviews 2-on-1 with one interviewer doing most of the questioning and the other watching intently. Very hard to tell what the silent one was thinking and very nerve racking. Most of the questions were about my past experiences and how I solved problems. The questions that threw me off were the more personal questions like who is my idol. Maybe not the hardest question but I just wasn't expecting it.