Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I had 2 half hour interviews 2-on-1 with one interviewer doing most of the questioning and the other watching intently. Very hard to tell what the silent one was thinking and very nerve racking. Most of the questions were about my past experiences and how I solved problems. The questions that threw me off were the more personal questions like who is my idol. Maybe not the hardest question but I just wasn't expecting it.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Pretty basic interview, nothing too crazy. Behavioral type questions for the most part, and like 2 technical questions. Applied online, and made it to superday, now just waiting to hear results in the next few days. They will grill you on your resume, so be on point.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

submitted resume at an oncampus hiring event - got a call for first round interview, 30 mins 2 on 1 interview, resume based, little technical based on resume and experience. after 2 weeks got call for second round. Had 3 1 on 1 interviews, resume based, but will go in depth.

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2012.

First round of interviews with 2 groups of interviewers, the first one was to talk about yourself, the basic fit questions. The second one asked slightly more technical stuff about investment banking as I came from an engineering background.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the recent problems in investment banking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

2 hour interview - first round with 2 people second round with the hiring region's manager. First round went great with typical questions. Second round went terribly as I was being interviewed for my technical experience and she didnt know anything about DBs. They were implementing a new data warehouse and I attempted to prove my knowledge on the matter she informed me I was being abrasive. I guess don't be smarter than the interviewer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trichy (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2012.

This was as normal interview not very tough. But we need to know the complete details about the institution and its core functions. Goldman sachs recruits people only of high standards and they expect financial knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Read about the company before you attend.

All 1 on 1 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Depreciation increases by 10 how does that affect all 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2012.

FIrst interview round was back to back interview for 30 mins each. Second round interview with VPs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2012.

Applied online, was invited to the office. Had four interviews. Was told that I would be contacted in the next couple weeks. One of the gents was not very personable, looked angry and not interested to be at the interview. I found the whole process to be interesting, the building is large and amazing. I would have preferred the New York office.

Not enough money.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through web portal with CV and cover letter.
    HR invited me for multiple rounds with a couple of 2 to 1 interviews.
    Questions asked related to previous experiences, as well as personal attributes, including ethics, teamwork, and personal goals.
    Interview process was well conducted and HR was always very cordial and professional.