Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me after one month. The first round was a video interview. My interviewer was very friendly and asked a lot of questions related to my resume. I was invited to Super Day one week after that.
Super Day consisted of two back to back interviews at their office. Each was thirty minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Standard online application with SHL tests followed by an assessment day involving more tests, a group exercise, a one on one (more on that in a second), a panel interview and tea and coffee. Not a bad experience but the coffee was a little weak for a top investment bank. I would also avoid the tuna sandwiches and stick to the roast beef, I think they had horse radish in there somewhere so probably best that you bring some kind of mint before the interview stages. Got offered the job but turned it down following an unfortunate encounter with a member of HR which in turn has forced me to sign my name as a registered sex offender.

Interview Questions
    • Some tricky mental arithmetic questions during interview stages such as 9^4.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

two rounds.
    1. exercise + presentation (the ex is about giving a solution of a problem, depends on which area you are applying)
    2. 3 round interviews (2 competency, and 1 technical)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question
    Waiting for my final interview date.

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Analyst Interview

consensus driven; multiple round interviews, with often 10+ people involved in the process; topics range from current events to brain teasers and corporate finance questions. people were generally friendly and open to discussion.

Analyst Interview

The interview process included a couple of case studies and very technical questions about the previous job and the work done.

Interview Questions
    • Which JAVA API did you use in your previous job?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

0. A lot of discussion about my under grad college,its campus,hostel life,( even food quality !!). Then why not Phd-difference in academiic and corporate life etc etc?
    1. What is outlier? Why we are concerned about them - give a situation ? How to detect it? 2008 crisis-extreme value theory?
    2. What do you mean by lift chart?
    3. Stability of a system? Describe eigenvalues and eigenvectors?
    4. What do you mean by Factor Analysis?
    5. logistic regression? how to estimate its parameters? how to know whether it is a good model or not? Give an example of it.
    6. When is a PDE parabolic? Methods to solve PDE numerically? Explain Finite Difference Method
    7.Describe CLT?
    8. How to Estimate parameters of ARIMA model?What is ACF?