Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There was a written round with 15 questions( probability + technical ) to be done in 60 min. And then the first round, they asked questions about project / internships, database concepts and a case study.

Interview Questions

• What is normalization. Explain with example upto 3NF.   Answer Question
  • You work in amazon and have to provide cheapest prices , how would you go about writing the code.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by an interviewer over the phone. Started with a resume overview, what I did at university, internships, etc. This was followed by five technical questions, with various ranges of difficulty. Most were statistics questions, a little bit of algebra and some logic. The interview lasted approximately I hour, although it was scheduled for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Statistics questions, in a tennis tournament what are the chances 2 players will meet each other.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New Delhi (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a group discussion, where they eliminated very less people, went on to an HR cum Technical round. Thereafter there was another technical round, and then a video conference. They asked me whether I was okay with a job wherein I would not be dealing with the clients on a one on one basis.

Interview Questions

• They gave me real life situations that they face on a day to day basis and asked my response to them.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was a campus interview which started with around 100 students applying for the job. They shortlisted 20 candidated based on their CVs. The first round was mostly about technical questions where they asked about different market risk concepts and about basics of diffenerenct fincncial instruments. They also asked about new regulatory regime Basel 3.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you mean by Risk? 2. What is Value at risk and what are the methods of calculating it? 3. If 1 day 99% VaR is 10mm then what is 10 day 99% VaR? 4. What is the underlying assumptions while scaling VaR to 10 days? 5. What is backtesting? 6. What are option greeks? 7. Asked some questions about delta and Gamma like what would delta be for a long call position and other qns about different positional greeks 8. What is liquidity coverage ratio? 9. Compare Basel 2 and Basel 3 and then some question around new capital rules. 10. What are your strengths? 11. Three weaknesses 13. Some differenct situations around team work like what would you do if you feel that other member in the team is taking your credit.. etc. 14. Example of a situation when you had to convinve a lot of people to get tour work done. 15. Example of a situation where you had to struggle to achieve success? 16. Why risk management? 17. What are your short teram and long term goals?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Had many rounds of interview (video conference, tele conference, face-to-face, panel), very intense and challenging. Whole interview process lasted for couple of months. Interviewers are very smart and nice, and you can feel that they really enjoy working in this company. Be prepared for challenging questions that you never think of.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in opinions?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me after one month. The first round was a video interview. My interviewer was very friendly and asked a lot of questions related to my resume. I was invited to Super Day one week after that. Super Day consisted of two back to back interviews at their office. Each was thirty minutes.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Hiring through college. There were 3 interview rounds. the first was hr and the rest 2 were technical. It was very tough, the questions asked were random, although most were about whatever was written in the resume. However it was very interesting and dint seem lengthy even though it went on for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were general questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. However there were atleast 2 questions asked for every 1 answered.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions

• explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

two rounds. 1. exercise + presentation (the ex is about giving a solution of a problem, depends on which area you are applying) 2. 3 round interviews (2 competency, and 1 technical)