Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Interview Details – Its application to the gradudate Analyst program at GS FICC department. Completed several online tests beforehand. Took around 3 months to receive invitation to phone interview with one of the teams in FICC. At interview, hiring manager was very busy and that the phone interview only lasts for 30 mins. questions mainly going through the CV

Interview Question – what do you know about FICC   View Answer

London, England (UK)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Interview Details – - online application and results 2 months later. Traditional cv sections to fill out and additional open ended questions such as:
When did you last work in a group where you had to work hard to try and influence others? Describe the situation and the challenges you encountered.
Please describe the most recent crisis you’ve faced in an important project and how you overcame this.
Please describe a recent example of when you took the initiative to do something that needed to
be done, even though it wasn’t your area of responsibility.
 - 1 day interview consisting of numerical and verbal reasoning tests and interviewed by two staff members; competency based and questions to do with my course.
The company was very responsive throughout the whole process. Good feedback given after assessment.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was approached by a Head Hunter saying there was an Analyst position with Goldman Sachs. A meeting was set up for one week later.

Interview comprised of 3 x 30 minute interviews with 2 analysts and 1 associate, one after the other. Was fairly informal, mainly discussing my career history, achievements, motivations and ambitions. Did not have any technical or competency questions.

Found the attitude of the interviewers very peculiar; I was told there were little to no progression opportunities from the role and two of the interviewers were trying to convince me I was overqualified and my explanation for why it wasn't constantly fell on deaf ears.

After the dust had settled, the feedback from the interview was that I had "no hunger" for the role. I guess saying the phrases "I'd be really excited to take up this role" and "I'm excited about the learning opportunities this role would provide" at least two or three times to each interviewer didn't count.

My experience from the interview was very negative. Not only did I not get a call back, but the feedback I received was completely fictional, so I can't even look for any areas to improve. If I didn't have another job offer already in the bag I would be very disappointed.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Analyst interview questions and advice in London, England. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.