Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Standard online application with SHL tests followed by an assessment day involving more tests, a group exercise, a one on one (more on that in a second), a panel interview and tea and coffee. Not a bad experience but the coffee was a little weak for a top investment bank. I would also avoid the tuna sandwiches and stick to the roast beef, I think they had horse radish in there somewhere so probably best that you bring some kind of mint before the interview stages. Got offered the job but turned it down following an unfortunate encounter with a member of HR which in turn has forced me to sign my name as a registered sex offender.

Interview Questions
  • Some tricky mental arithmetic questions during interview stages such as 9^4.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question
    Waiting for my final interview date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

Was approached by a Head Hunter saying there was an Analyst position with Goldman Sachs. A meeting was set up for one week later.

Interview comprised of 3 x 30 minute interviews with 2 analysts and 1 associate, one after the other. Was fairly informal, mainly discussing my career history, achievements, motivations and ambitions. Did not have any technical or competency questions.

Found the attitude of the interviewers very peculiar; I was told there were little to no progression opportunities from the role and two of the interviewers were trying to convince me I was overqualified and my explanation for why it wasn't constantly fell on deaf ears.

After the dust had settled, the feedback from the interview was that I had "no hunger" for the role. I guess saying the phrases "I'd be really excited to take up this role" and "I'm excited about the learning opportunities this role would provide" at least two or three times to each interviewer didn't count.

My experience from the interview was very negative. Not only did I not get a call back, but the feedback I received was completely fictional, so I can't even look for any areas to improve. If I didn't have another job offer already in the bag I would be very disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

- online application and results 2 months later. Traditional cv sections to fill out and additional open ended questions such as:
    When did you last work in a group where you had to work hard to try and influence others? Describe the situation and the challenges you encountered.
    Please describe the most recent crisis you’ve faced in an important project and how you overcame this.
    Please describe a recent example of when you took the initiative to do something that needed to
    be done, even though it wasn’t your area of responsibility.
     - 1 day interview consisting of numerical and verbal reasoning tests and interviewed by two staff members; competency based and questions to do with my course.
    The company was very responsive throughout the whole process. Good feedback given after assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Its application to the gradudate Analyst program at GS FICC department. Completed several online tests beforehand. Took around 3 months to receive invitation to phone interview with one of the teams in FICC. At interview, hiring manager was very busy and that the phone interview only lasts for 30 mins. questions mainly going through the CV