Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3.6

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter a few days later, indicated my interest, attended a Superday (3, 30 min interviews with 2 interviewers each), and received an offer 2 weeks later.

The entire process, including background check, takes a long time (~ 2 months) but patience is a virtue...

Interview Questions
Not too much room for negotiation but the offer was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Associate Interview

The interview process was long and very uncomfortable. It seems like you have to speak with 10 people before any decission can be made. Interview questions seemed to be generic and really didn't give a chance for me to talk about my experience.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

Interview Questions

Very low base pay, big bonus, but bonus is something unknown. Joined another firm with higher base and better work/life balance.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

There were a number of telephone interviews from different locations, Hong Kong, London, New York and Bangalore before being called for a one on one interview, The entire process took about 3 months before final offer was made

Interview Questions
    • why join a Financial services firm at such an uncertain time in the industry with so many moving parts?   Answer Question
    Review the offer and compare with industry standards and your own qualification before negotiating up for salary

Associate Interview

Invited to super day event with 20+ other people. Was treated with respect by everyone. Had several interviews with separate teams that were hiring. Some interviews were completely non-technical and some asked programming questions. A week later I was invited back to an all-day interview with about a dozen people.

Associate Interview

The Goldman Sachs process is extremely long. I had multiple interviews, beginning with a phone interview with a recruiter, followed up with another interview by the actual hiring manager along with multiple individuals in the team. Finally, after the phone interview, I got an in person interview. I just wish that they would have told me sooner rather or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about what you would do in this scenario.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Very long process. Takes a while to get through all rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

Initial communication was through e-mail. My submission to the HR department was an internal referral through a friend. The company was very professional on the phone interview with the HR rep.
    However, the HR rep continually made it sound that Goldman was so much better than everyone else, it became a bit annoying, and the HR individual did not know much about the job, but pretended to know questions I had for her.
    The interview process was two rounds of five interviews each, each lasting 30 min. It was a combination of phone, teleconference and live interviews.
    Approach from interviewers was cordial, but specific to one section of my resume. Primarily testing communication skills, leadership ability, desire to work for Goldman, and if I "fit" into the culture of the firm. More senior interviewers were less specific about what they wanted, but interviewed for this "fit".

Interview Questions
    • No specific technical questions were asked. Only questions to see if I identified with the internal culture of the firm. When I asked an interviewer if there were any specific questions for me, he said that Goldman prides itself on teaching and training from within, and that as long as the person shows specific qualities, they should work out in the end.   Answer Question
    Very tight. They pushed to get the answer quickly and there was little wiggle room

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

very very very hard and not that interesting of a process. Didnt actually want to work there by the end of the interview process. Would have rather ripped my throat out than work for the guys that were interviewing me. Overall i would say apply somewhere else. Just not worth it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2011.

Recieved a phone call from an experienced recruiter who asked questions regarding my past experience. After a back and forth he informed me I was best suited for a leadership or managment position that they currently do not have an opening.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!