Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email from a recruiter a few days later, indicated my interest, attended a Superday (3, 30 min interviews with 2 interviewers each), and received an offer 2 weeks later.

The entire process, including background check, takes a long time (~ 2 months) but patience is a virtue...

Interview Question – Walk us through your entire resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much room for negotiation but the offer was fair.

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – The interview process was long and very uncomfortable. It seems like you have to speak with 10 people before any decission can be made. Interview questions seemed to be generic and really didn't give a chance for me to talk about my experience.

Interview Question – How high can you jump?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

Interview Question – Nothing special...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very low base pay, big bonus, but bonus is something unknown. Joined another firm with higher base and better work/life balance.

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – There were a number of telephone interviews from different locations, Hong Kong, London, New York and Bangalore before being called for a one on one interview, The entire process took about 3 months before final offer was made

Interview Question – why join a Financial services firm at such an uncertain time in the industry with so many moving parts?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Review the offer and compare with industry standards and your own qualification before negotiating up for salary

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Invited to super day event with 20+ other people. Was treated with respect by everyone. Had several interviews with separate teams that were hiring. Some interviews were completely non-technical and some asked programming questions. A week later I was invited back to an all-day interview with about a dozen people.

Interview Question – Several questions about programming and algorithms   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – The Goldman Sachs process is extremely long. I had multiple interviews, beginning with a phone interview with a recruiter, followed up with another interview by the actual hiring manager along with multiple individuals in the team. Finally, after the phone interview, I got an in person interview. I just wish that they would have told me sooner rather or not I got the job.

Interview Question – Please tell us about what you would do in this scenario.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Very long process. Takes a while to get through all rounds.

Interview Question – What is something no one knows about you.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through e-mail. My submission to the HR department was an internal referral through a friend. The company was very professional on the phone interview with the HR rep.
However, the HR rep continually made it sound that Goldman was so much better than everyone else, it became a bit annoying, and the HR individual did not know much about the job, but pretended to know questions I had for her.
The interview process was two rounds of five interviews each, each lasting 30 min. It was a combination of phone, teleconference and live interviews.
Approach from interviewers was cordial, but specific to one section of my resume. Primarily testing communication skills, leadership ability, desire to work for Goldman, and if I "fit" into the culture of the firm. More senior interviewers were less specific about what they wanted, but interviewed for this "fit".

Interview Question – No specific technical questions were asked. Only questions to see if I identified with the internal culture of the firm. When I asked an interviewer if there were any specific questions for me, he said that Goldman prides itself on teaching and training from within, and that as long as the person shows specific qualities, they should work out in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very tight. They pushed to get the answer quickly and there was little wiggle room

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details – very very very hard and not that interesting of a process. Didnt actually want to work there by the end of the interview process. Would have rather ripped my throat out than work for the guys that were interviewing me. Overall i would say apply somewhere else. Just not worth it.

Interview Question – Where is the dollar going   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recieved a phone call from an experienced recruiter who asked questions regarding my past experience. After a back and forth he informed me I was best suited for a leadership or managment position that they currently do not have an opening.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Associate interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.