Goldman Sachs

Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.6

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2013.

The initial phase consists of a phone call from the HR Dept (referred to as HCIM). Went back and forth several times with availability in order to schedule interviews. Met with 8 different individuals, each having his/her own interviewing style. Ask questions - they frown upon not asking any.

Went smoothly with HCIM.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter a few days later, indicated my interest, attended a Superday (3, 30 min interviews with 2 interviewers each), and received an offer 2 weeks later.

The entire process, including background check, takes a long time (~ 2 months) but patience is a virtue...

Interview Questions
    Not too much room for negotiation but the offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

the interview process is very intensive but good opportunity to meet people you are to work with. It also covers all aspects from different persons, e.g. why you like to join Goldman, technical skills, financial knowledge, competence question and IQ questions ...

Associate Interview

The interview process was long and very uncomfortable. It seems like you have to speak with 10 people before any decission can be made. Interview questions seemed to be generic and really didn't give a chance for me to talk about my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

Interview process was a combination of fit an technical questions, to understand my motivations and assess my numerate/financial skills. Interview was over 4 rounds with people of varying levels of seniority. Overall a well structured interview process

Interview Questions
    • Name a company listed on a specific frontier market that i would like to invest in   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

Interview Questions

Very low base pay, big bonus, but bonus is something unknown. Joined another firm with higher base and better work/life balance.

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Underwent 6 rounds for this position which contained written test, group discussion, different interviews with different personnel.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

There were a number of telephone interviews from different locations, Hong Kong, London, New York and Bangalore before being called for a one on one interview, The entire process took about 3 months before final offer was made

Interview Questions
    • why join a Financial services firm at such an uncertain time in the industry with so many moving parts?   Answer Question
    Review the offer and compare with industry standards and your own qualification before negotiating up for salary

Associate Interview

Invited to super day event with 20+ other people. Was treated with respect by everyone. Had several interviews with separate teams that were hiring. Some interviews were completely non-technical and some asked programming questions. A week later I was invited back to an all-day interview with about a dozen people.

Associate Interview

The Goldman Sachs process is extremely long. I had multiple interviews, beginning with a phone interview with a recruiter, followed up with another interview by the actual hiring manager along with multiple individuals in the team. Finally, after the phone interview, I got an in person interview. I just wish that they would have told me sooner rather or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about what you would do in this scenario.   Answer Question