Goldman Sachs Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

My first interview took place at the Goldman Sachs offices located in downtown Manhattan. The interview was more technical than I anticipated. First they want to get to know character, that part was not difficult as long as you have fair communication skills, after that
most of the questions were regarding programing using c++. I thought the interview went bad but I was invited to the super day which included 3 interviews for one department I was selected for. Each interview was different, one was personality, the second was brain teasers, and the third was programing based.

Interview Questions
  • How would you you write a program for a poker game? walk me through the algorithm.   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Well, I found out about the job through campus, the job was designed for me and I really wanted it. I had 3 phone interviews, one with the HR person and 2 with the specialist. They flew me to NYC and it was a great interview with around 8 ppl from different departments. Questions were technical and there was no surprise, they really wanted to know that I actually know what I am talking about..

Interview Questions
    • Be honest and just hang out, They are really nice and smart people have fun in the interview just as if you were going out for dinner and met some ppl for the first time. if they reject you then it is probably not a good fit for either one of you.   Answer Question

I had to relocate all the way from the Middle East for this Job and I had to be there 15 days after the offer was made, I was not able to finish up personal matters by then. Also, it was not alot of money to uproot myself and go to Utah
    Really, it was family reasons that I could not just leave my family and go...I wish I could take it..it was my dream job..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

It was a good experience with purely behavioral questions for the first round. Don't know the result of this round. Hope for the best.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Dropped my resume at career fair and had interview the following day.

Basically walked through my resume and asked about the details when it comes to analysis part. Gave me lots of advice on career since I am still a underclassman. In general, the experience is positive. No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Chicago Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Chicago Heights, Cook, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2012.

it was good but tough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2011.

1. Applied online through my college career website
    2. Attended information session to get to know the recruiters
    3. Received email inviting for on-campus interview
    4. On-campus interview round: two 2:1 interviews
    5. Received email inviting for final interview round in their office
    6. Two 2:1 interviews
    7. Received phone call with offer two weeks after final interview

Interview Questions
    • Recent M&A the company was involved in.   View Answer
    • Give a description of what you think the day-to-day work on this position involves.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2011.

Completely string you on. Currently I'm still being strung along. Had about 6 - 1/2 hour interviews and received a call they want to move forward. We started negotiating and offer and she said she'd call me back within the next day or so. A week goes by and nothing. I call them and they say "they really like you, but we're still interviewing." Why tell me we're moving forward with an offer and then string me along with no communication? No thanks anymore.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The process included 2 rounds of interview - first round on campus as part of on-campus recruiting and second round at their office. First round was behavioral and fit based with 1 interviewer. Second round consisted of three different interviews, also behavioral and fit based.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your project during your last internship. What did you approach the project in the way you did?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was called by a recruiter who saw my resume on naukri.com

Interview Questions
    • Why would you join us, when you know we work till so late.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2013.

Pros : Good Skilled interviewers , looking for people with enthusiasm , will ask you ends of system and looking for people with good knowledge .

Cons : interviews are long and tiring , they give to mind puzzles which are hard to solve.

Interview Questions

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!