Goldman Sachs Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.4

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Super day at Goldman, after being selected through my university's recruitment program, out of a top tier MIS program. Three different positions, two hours of interviews for each in three different office buildings in lower Manhattan. Anywhere from 2 to 5 people, one on one, per position. Also, group meetings with HR at beginning and end.

Interview Questions

• The only truly notable, and horrendous part, was two hours with X-Div. They did a negative interview. I didn't know what this was and was not prepared. 3 interviewers. 45 minutes each, I stayed in the same room. Every response I gave was wrong, questioned with a negative implication. It was essentially a stress test. If I had realized what was going on, I would have responded a lot better. I thought it was indicative of an abusive culture and told HR I was out.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for the first stage. Didn't make it to second. Interview was gained through career center in my university, which is top tier. It sends a lot of students at Goldman Sachs.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

My first interview took place at the Goldman Sachs offices located in downtown Manhattan. The interview was more technical than I anticipated. First they want to get to know character, that part was not difficult as long as you have fair communication skills, after that most of the questions were regarding programing using c++. I thought the interview went bad but I was invited to the super day which included 3 interviews for one department I was selected for. Each interview was different, one was personality, the second was brain teasers, and the third was programing based.

Interview Questions

• How would you you write a program for a poker game? walk me through the algorithm.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Well, I found out about the job through campus, the job was designed for me and I really wanted it. I had 3 phone interviews, one with the HR person and 2 with the specialist. They flew me to NYC and it was a great interview with around 8 ppl from different departments. Questions were technical and there was no surprise, they really wanted to know that I actually know what I am talking about..

Interview Questions

• Be honest and just hang out, They are really nice and smart people have fun in the interview just as if you were going out for dinner and met some ppl for the first time. if they reject you then it is probably not a good fit for either one of you.   Answer Question

I had to relocate all the way from the Middle East for this Job and I had to be there 15 days after the offer was made, I was not able to finish up personal matters by then. Also, it was not alot of money to uproot myself and go to Utah Really, it was family reasons that I could not just leave my family and go...I wish I could take it..it was my dream job..

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a good experience with purely behavioral questions for the first round. Don't know the result of this round. Hope for the best.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview

Dropped my resume at career fair and had interview the following day. Basically walked through my resume and asked about the details when it comes to analysis part. Gave me lots of advice on career since I am still a underclassman. In general, the experience is positive. No technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in South Chicago Heights, Cook, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (South Chicago Heights, Cook, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

it was good but tough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Applied online through my college career website 2. Attended information session to get to know the recruiters 3. Received email inviting for on-campus interview 4. On-campus interview round: two 2:1 interviews 5. Received email inviting for final interview round in their office 6. Two 2:1 interviews 7. Received phone call with offer two weeks after final interview

Interview Questions

• Recent M&A the company was involved in.   1 Answer
    • Give a description of what you think the day-to-day work on this position involves.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Completely string you on. Currently I'm still being strung along. Had about 6 - 1/2 hour interviews and received a call they want to move forward. We started negotiating and offer and she said she'd call me back within the next day or so. A week goes by and nothing. I call them and they say "they really like you, but we're still interviewing." Why tell me we're moving forward with an offer and then string me along with no communication? No thanks anymore.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The process included 2 rounds of interview - first round on campus as part of on-campus recruiting and second round at their office. First round was behavioral and fit based with 1 interviewer. Second round consisted of three different interviews, also behavioral and fit based.

Interview Questions

• Describe your project during your last internship. What did you approach the project in the way you did?   Answer Question