Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Had a phone screening and superday at HQ a week later. Phone interview was 30 minutes. Superday consisted of four 30-minute interviews back to back. Superday was on a Friday and heard back the following Tuesday.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through campus recruiting and was invited to interview over the phone with the hiring manager. The team I was interviewing for is the Marketing Materials Review team. The interview consisted of resume and experience questions. I was contacted a week later and asked to come into the office for a round of interviews. I had three interviews: one was a video conference with a young analyst in New York. She asked me resume and experience questions. The second interview was with a Japanese woman in Singapore. This was a phone interview that occurred in the Salt Lake Office. One reason I was being considered was for my Japanese skills, and this interview was a check to see if I could speak Japanese. The last interview in that set was with a gentleman in Singapore who had a senior role on the Marketing Materials Review team. He asked the typical resume and experience questions and also had me go over some marketing materials and discuss potential concerns with him. I got a follow-up email the next day, I believe, inviting me back for another round of interviews. I was asked to interview for another team: the control room. My control room interviews came first. I had four, back-to-back, interviews with team members in the Salt Lake office. All the same types of questions: "Why Goldman? Why compliance? Tell me about yourself..." etc. The last interview (with the manager) went less-than-ideally. I was tired from the previous interviews and did not come across as well as I would have liked. I never heard back about those 4 interviews. Finally, I had my last interviews for Marketing Materials. I was scheduled for 4 interviews (3 in-person) and 1 conference all, but the conference call person never called in. The second to last interview was with the hiring manager. This time I was asked some different questions like time that I had to do due diligence. She asked me again "why Goldman?" Up to that point, I had been telling people I thought Goldman people were nice and smart. I guess she didn't buy the "nice" part, because she ended up telling me how I would deal with rude people if I got the job. The last interview was the same as the rest..."why Goldman? Walk me through your resume..." I didn't hear back on the interviews for about a month, but I followed up a few times before getting my final "no". Each time I was told they were still considering my application. I started suspecting I was not on the top of the "hire this person" stack. Eventually, I got another offer and told Goldman that I was considering it. They got back to me the next day with my "no". Overall, it was good practice talking about my resume, something I suspect helped me land a better offer in the end.

Interview Questions
    • What potential issues arise in this sample email (a "marketing material")?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

The position was mainly for someone who had an interest in law and the new financial reform.

Interview Questions
    • How is the new financial reform going to affect the compliance world?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

An interviewer came to my university. I initially interviewed with him and 2 months later I got an e-mail saying that they were interested in a second round of interviews. They were 4 interviews of half an hour each over the phone. All the questions were fit and behavioral. A lot of them came based on my CV. They asked me if I had questions. I haven't heard back from them since the last round of interviews for more than a month, so I'm guessing I didn't make it.

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online through their website then received a call within a week for an interview. The interview was with two different persons, the lead manager and an associate. They asked a series of questions about my experience and why I wanted to work in that position (instead of doing something else). The interviewers were friendly and partially engaged and the questions were fair.

I was told that they would get back to me in a few weeks which turned into months after which I was told that I didn't get the job. The downside is if you are in the running for a job they will be prompt in giving you an offer or follow up interviews, other than that, they will string you along until they find someone else.

Interview Questions
    • I don't really remember any difficult questions but I was asked about a time when I had to deal with a difficult person/a person who was unresponsive.   Answer Question