Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

3.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Process took approximately months- applied in March and didn't hear back from them until mid May. Received an email notifying me of their desire to have phone interview. Interview consisted of 3 different phone interviews with members in different departments. Each asked questions about resume and what I knew about their individual department and why it was a fit for me.

Interview Questions
  • They asked detailed questions about resume, about what I know about their company, and why risk department.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Applied over email. it took a few weeks to receive an email back. I had an interview on a college campus and then one at Goldman in Salt Lake. After about a month I received a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to pick a stock today which would it be and why?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

It was a phone interview. We set up a time and the guy was going to interview me forgot to call. So I sent him an email to reschedule and he called right after he got my email. There were behavioral and technical questions. But the questions were simple.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is credit risk.
      What do you think is the most important thing to Goldman Sachs right now.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

3 rounds and met with 10 people - 2 Senior Analysts, 3 Associates, 4 VPs and 1 MD

Interview Questions
    • as an equity analyst and risk analyst how would their analysis differ in assessing a company   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. first rround wasn't intense, theyre mainly looking to see if you can think logically and if you have passion for credit risk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

My experience with their interview process has been very unpleasant to say the least. It consisted of so many interviews which was totally fine, however the unpleasant part was waiting for the team to make a decision which never happened in my case. It may take months before they tell you that they decided not to fill the position. This happened to me twice, the first time it took them 5-6 months to let me know that they decided not to hire experienced individuals, the second time around 2-3 months but after too many follow-ups most of which were not even acknowledged. I find this so disrespectful on their part and it shows me that they don’t have any respect for the candidates' time and plans and I don’t understand why they post a position if they are not sure. In my opinion, being Goldman Sachs, they know that no matter how they treat people there will still be so many candidates applying with them and so apparently they don’t feel the need to respect candidates. As an experienced skilled professional, I don’t see this as a good sign for a company I want to develop my career in and I would not apply with this company again unless I know that they have changed their hiring process.
    The interviews (I had around 30), follow similar pattern. They introduce themselves, then ask you to walk them through your resume, then ask some behavioral and more technical questions (mostly very similar) and then allocate the last 5 minutes to your questions. I enjoyed the interviews and received very positive feedbacks, however I think the team in SLC office cannot make up their mind on their hiring policies and I am sure they don’t realize how hard and unfair this can be on candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of credit risk would you have in a swap transaction? How would you calculate the credit risk exposure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2012.

Interviewed with 4 associates. Two rounds. The first two concentrated on corporations, the last two concentrated on products. Asking you a lot of questions and opinions about different industries. Rank companies accordingly to their risk levels. Hedge funds vs. Mutual Funds. VBA skills. Derivatives knowledge.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Only had a first round interview with two members of the team one been a manager the other a supervisor, they did a quick fire round of questions very technical focused.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about the levels of risk to the trading systems   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2011.

I applied the research analyst position, but was offered the interview for credit risk analyst as GS was expanding their credit risk team in Singapore. It was 2 back-to-back phone interview by 2 different associates. I was first asked to go through my resume, and afterwards a few questions regarding the Europe debt crisis. A few accounting questions regarding balance sheet were also asked.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2011.

It was a 2 on 1 interview on campus. I did not make it past the first round but the interview did not seem to intense. They asked questions about my resume and followed with a few behavioral questions as well. There were two or three industry specific questions as well, ie. which company do you think would have a lower credit rating- Facebook or Unilever?

Interview Questions
    • which company would have a higher credit rating between facebook and unilever   Answer Question