Goldman Sachs

Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

I applied through career website of the company. I got an email the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple. We only talked about things in my resume'. No technical questions. The goal of the phone interview is just to collect information. Then the information will be presented to the team who will decide whether or not to move forward with the application. They will come back to me in two weeks. I am still waiting.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your work experience. What did you do after you graduated.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online through school. Heard back a month later for an on campus interview. 2-1 interview and both women were nice. Did not hear back about offer until a month after.

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman Sachs?
      Why Finance Division?
      What group in the finance division and why?
      Name a time you were a leader
      Do you prefer finance or accounting?

Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I applied in the summer though the career website. Got a phone interview then was called for super day in nov. It was 2 thirty minute interviews. Nothing technical and was a very fun interview. Got called a week later

No negotiations

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2013.

Interview process was very straight forward. Asked to go through my experiences and why I would be a good fit for the role. Asked some basic technical questions. Additionally, discussed life out of work to see if I would be a good fit for that specific team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2011.

Recruiters act uninterested, and have a tendency to sound condescending.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

I got the interview by attending Goldman Sachs Salt Lake City Symposium. I received information about the symposium from my school career service and applied it on Goldman Sachs career page. About 10 people interviewed for my position. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. Half behavior and half technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2009.

I was called into the office to have a super day where i interviewed with the vice president of the company and two other associates. The interviews took over three hours to complete and they asked questions from my resume, behavioral questions and finally questions about how i fit into the culture. The interview was straight forward for the most part. The offices were impressive and intimidating at first as the offices look out 40 stories above the hudson river where you can pretty much see the entire NYC skyline.

Interview Questions
    • What two characteristics do you deem are the most important to be successful working in the controllers department?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate with the offer because i accepted an intern offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2009.

What is the angle between the minute and hour hand when it is 3:15?

Interview Questions
    • what is the annge between hour and minute hand when it is 3:15?   View Answers (3)

Had a better offer in hand

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2013.

Had an interview with GS in Tokyo for a position in the Finance Div. Interview was mostly fit questions, no technical questions. Interviewer was friendly, unlike what I've heard of other interviews with GS.

Been 2 months though, still no reply or updates from them.

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2011.

Interviewer asked a question about the hands on a clock. I had to jump through hoops. Interviewer attempted to get emotional reactions out of me. Very basic questions about the chairman of the Federal Reserve, monetary policy, and Goldman's Values.